UTV side-by-side modifications

Help Support CattleToday:

Ouachita

Reaction score
Curious what type of home-spun modifications some of you have done to your side-by-side. I know there are endless options if I want to purchase ready made "out of the box" accessories, but I'm a do it myself person. I'm thinking of things that'd make it easier to tote a long arm, a gasoline fired heater like what is used in small aircraft, better lights (backup lights and headlights), a horn.........can't believe this one didn't come with a horn :D .
The only thing I've done so far is add a dome light. It is a cheap $10 LED light, AA batteries. I made a bracket that I fastened with hose clamps to the roll bar above, centered, and just aft of my head. I used Velcro to attach the light to the bracket, for ease of replacing batteries. The light has a slider on/off/dimmer switch, which makes it awesome when hunting armadillos, or whatever :cowboy:
On the dim mode it sheds just enough light (like a candle) to see for reloading a magazine, yet not enough to take away from the "nighttime" experience. On the brightest setting it lights up the front and back seat areas very well, and enough extra that I can get out, walk a few yards away, take a wiz............
Thinking of building a hoist that'll plug into the receiver hitch for field dressing deer, and also a pull behind trailer special for fencing repair jobs.
But I know I'm overlooking some other interesting things I would do, if I knew. I can't figure out how to post pictures since the site changed. What kind of useful and/or interesting modifications have you made to your UTV?

All I've done to all of them I have and have had is to add a gun rack above the seat and modify the battery compartment so that there are electrical points to connect permanently to the leads for my spreader and sprayer.

winch..mirrors...gun rack..pistol holster...back up lights...dome light..flashlight holder..usb lighter charger portscig lighter sockets really..huge aluminum removeable basket over front hood....hook for fencing tools and rope on headache rack...front receiver for a hitch to carry a gen or mt the winch on front...huge motorized remote controlled spotlight mts on cage in front of and between passengers

We put a sleeve plus a square tube with a hook on the roll bar of the Polaris to where we can pull it out and weigh calves.

Not a homemade alteration but I ordered some fender guards from a site for my Polaris Ranger. The wheels set outside the frame and sling mud / manure up on the driver or passenger. So far I am well pleased with the results . I hope it also helps with a dust issue ! The back seat gets covered in dust . May have to wait till a dusty stretch next summer to see if this helps .

CanAm...
windshield, roof, soft doors, reverse light, LED light bar,

Built a front bumper (bed liner painted)
IMG_1532.JPG
Built a "stealth mode" hog hunting driving light. (Thermal hunting)
IMG_2584.JPG IMG_2590.JPG Photo911.jpg

Gun rack under middle seat.
IMG_1580.JPG
also gunrack on ceiling (similar to this)

s-l300.jpg
Reinforced tailgate w/ 2" mtl strap so it doesn't warp/bend under weight.
IMG_1789.JPG
Modified a Rear rack (lower to load hogs/deer, mineral tubs, sq. bales, etc)
rack-level - Copy.jpg

Latest posts