Uterus Swollen After Birth

Help Support CattleToday:

BK9954

Reaction score

I dont remember my other cows having their uterus swollen this big after birth. Does this look normal. This is my first calving season.

I'm not seeing what you are...I'm seeing part of the afterbirth with fluid. If you see her uterus, shes prolapsing and needs vet attention..

If the first picture looks normal then good. All of my other heifers gave birth at night so I hmguess they went down by the time I saw them. Below her tail is still so big. My other heifers werent that swollen in that area after I saw them with the calf.

she may have torn something in her rectum. I'd watch her today and it doesnt start to shrink, i'd take her to the vet...

I am running off of pictures from the kids. I took a week of vacation to work on fence, move hay and be with my 2 heifers while they had babies. the one day week I had to go to work and check on things in my restuarant the cow has the darn baby. New pictures show she dropped the placenta and is back to normal. Bad thing is it is a bull. I was hoping for heifers. One more cow due to have a baby this week.

Is there a twin in there ? It looks like after birth but you might have the vet out to be safe. Since you are new at this find a good vet or an experienced cattleman to help you.

She still has a little after birth still tonight but not another baby. I will give her until over the weekend to drop it. Its just a 3 inch peice. Not sure if that even matters. Baby doing great but the momma does not have a lot of milk. Boosting her feed to see if she bags up anymore.

Latest posts