Using Grazon Next

Help Support CattleToday:

RiverHills

Reaction score
Grazon next hl can be mixed in the fertilizer and applied that way. I would think thats to early for a foliar application but it does have a residual.

midTN_Brangusman":1ch9gb5g said:
dun":1ch9gb5g said:
I would wait till late feb at the earliest

He's asking if late March is too early.
Obviously reading comprehension sin;t my strong suite.
Late mar would be about right.

I like the weeds up and growing well which for me in central TX is late March into April. Two to four inches tall works best for me. If applied correctly it will be the only thing you should need. Its a premium product that you pay quite a bit for and what you should get is a full summer of protection.
Saying all that, the first year you use it, you will have some late season weeds. The second year is much better.

There are some products that work better but it is the best bang for the buck in my opinion.

That's about right depending on the weather in any given year. I know quite a few people who swear by spraying weeds and putting fert at the same time. They claim they get a better kill.

Im a big Grazon Next fan. In small doses you can kill weeds and in more stout amounts its great for brush. It doesn't hurt the trees around here. We have been spraying it for a decent time now and the open areas are pretty clean.

dun":15dx2cnn said:
What are the advantages of Next over P+D

For me its milkweed. Had a bad problem with it in one pasture. After two seasons using the Next it has dwindled down to just a few plants. With milkweed you have to have a strong residual as its starts coming up in March and is still coming up in October.

I've got a lot of cockaburs in a rented pasture along with a lot of other weeds. The pasture is mainly fescue, I'm wanting to broadcast Ladino clover sometime soon. If I spray grazon next this spring how soon can I seed the clover, would this fall be to soon

I hope someone can give you a better answer but if it was me I would spray with something without the soil residual. Maybe just plain old 2-4-D. Cockleburs are fairly easy to control.

Ky cowboy":1axte2m9 said:
I've got a lot of cockaburs in a rented pasture along with a lot of other weeds. The pasture is mainly fescue, I'm wanting to broadcast Ladino clover sometime soon. If I spray grazon next this spring how soon can I seed the clover, would this fall be to soon
Hit cockaburs with 24d and they'll be wilted by the end of the day. A lot cheaper and you don't have to worry about the residual

Latest posts