Update on Jerseys & Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

Gwenhwyfar

Reaction score
jerseys_004.jpg
[/img]
As per previous post in early May, I purchased 2 Jersey heifers with the intention of bottle rearing them....Well several weeks on and this photo(with halter on) is the calf that would not drink milk in any form, so basically she had weaned herself from moment of purchase at I guess 2 to 3 weeks old. She would now be approx 12weeks and weighs about 150 lb
( approx by "BellyBand").
[u]However[/u] I would like Opinions on her behavior.....
She shares the small paddock with the other jersey I purchased with her and another hand reared yearling heifer. This little one is constantly mounting her mates. I have observed in the past that by nature calves playing will do this but not to the extreme that this calf does.
Could it be a sign of her trying to dominate the others or :?:

Good to hear they're doing well; thanks for the update. Looks like they could use a little more grain but all in all they look alright for bottle calves, and especially for the one that refused milk.

Nice jerseys Glover - How old would they be ?
You see that green stuff all around your heifers.... well the only way our's see that is when I show them pictures :lol:
We are 7 years into a drought and it is winter at the moment, so handfeeding is a constant, but I dont think you can beat Natures own ( grazing ) to make cattle bloom.

lol that be grass yeah she was born march 26/05 and the other oen is abrown swiss she was born 4 days earlier

More knott head Jerseys.

The thing is, just about every Jersey mounts others. I have seen all ages do it. Had a 6 month old that tried to mount my beau once lol that was a sight. I wouldnt worry about it.

Get them both on some good grain mix and they'll start filling out and it will help the one not taking the bottle a bit more. :)

Becca

o yeah just to let you know that grass there on is nothing we have fields that the grass is 5 foot 7 and i am 5 foot 10 lol

Thankyou for your comments WarriorPatriot.
And Glover.... I wont be telling my cattle about all your grass or they may want to board a plane..... We have been told that this is a 10year drought cycle, so that would be 3 more years left to go now.
Thanks again / Regards Gwen

lol one question to clear my wondering mind whic way do your toilets spin? just a folklore or..