Unlike Sky...

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
I'm loving this rain. I just checked the gauge and since it started raining yesterday I've had 5.1" while some have had more. Cracks should be filled in and there oughta be some good runoff. Probably won't get to the farm today, but I'm anxious to see what the tanks have caught.

Been raining every day and unlike Sky I haven't bytched yet. Boy can I grow the grass with water. Only problem is I can't make hay.

Nesikep":1rz3g38s said:
5 inches? wow, we never get that kind of rain.. a heavy rain here is an inch.. only get about 12" a year

Same here. An entire day gives us an inch or so.

TCRanch":1unouw7h said:
Little jealous! Rained most of the week and while it did help the ponds they're nowhere near full. Pastures are looking good. Cows, not so much.
She probably thinks she looks just fine with her makeup on!

Till-Hill":n9mp97q3 said:
15 inches here in 10 days last week. Across river in Wisconsin some people got almost 30"
15" is a normal year here!
Most I've seen is 12" in 24 hours (that I know of)

I haven't talked about it , and I'm not going to except to say.
I can't even start to add up what this year's lack of rain has took away from us. At times it's been like the walls where caving in around me. But it's rained now every day for the last six.
The tank by the house has came up almost ten feet and I have oats up. And it's still raining.Maybe we've made it.
Anyone who hates rain, has never seen what happens when it doesn't rain .....at all

callmefence":1zwbiacw said:
I haven't talked about it , and I'm not going to except to say.
I can't even start to add up what this year's lack of rain has took away from us. At times it's been like the walls where caving in around me. But it's rained now every day for the last six.
The tank by the house has came up almost ten feet and I have oats up. And it's still raining.Maybe we've made it.
Anyone who hates rain, has never seen what happens when it doesn't rain .....at all

Drought is surely worse than too much rain. I saw that out west.

Right now, I would share what we are getting with those who need it if that were possible.

I got an inch. That's fine, it's wondering if and when the next might decide to show up. I saw the radar light up all over the state last week. 40 to 80 % chance every day. Drove 40 miles through one rain before coming out of it 8 miles from the house. Rainbows everywhere. Big chances of rain everyday going forward. You would think I'd be anxious to start winter pastures.....I am but confidence it will be the thing to spend the money on is quite low.

I am not sorry to see this rain, we had 1.6 inches in 24 hours and it really soaked in nice; although some places north of here above Harrisonburg Va have had twice what we have had. The official recording in the H'burg area is 44 inches to date; the normal amount is 22 inches so over twice our normal rainfall so far. I would have to add mine up off my calendar but I think we are closer to normal even though we had a couple of rainy cold spells, then about a 10 day stretch where it dried up. Had 5 straight days in the mid 90's this past week and it was really humid. Again, there were a few pop up storms and a small area had a deluge of over 6 inches that flooded roads and took out fences but a few miles down the road they only had 8 tenths. We didn't get anything but some clouds and thunder in the distance. It's been a very crazy and unpredictable year.

Vett,I am right there with you, inched of rain all around but 1/2 to 3/4 here. But at least it cooled off.

We had almost 3.5 inches over the last week.No real runoff into the tanks but then again we didn't really need it there. The grass has really started growing again. Thank the good Lord!

Been cloudy all day and things are beginning to ferment. Best part is it's almost 3:30 and 75 degrees. Windows will stay closed cause it's not smelling all that good outside. :lol:

Latest posts