Unemployment

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboy43

Reaction score
6.5 million Americans unemployeed. 12 million illegal aliens working or they would go home. That almost 2 jobs for each American not working.

cowboy43":n06n8mdv said:
6.5 million Americans unemployeed. 12 million illegal aliens working or they would go home. That almost 2 jobs for each American not working.

I doubt it.

A lot of those unemployeed Americans don't want to work. Too easy for those to get a government check that you and I work for.

grannysoo":1qscslrp said:
A lot of those unemployeed Americans don't want to work. Too easy for those to get a government check that you and I work for.

I'm sure a percentage of those are bums but there are a good many folks really looking for work right now. I ran an ad on a job sight for a Compliance Analyst and have received over 150 resumes in just one week so far. Only 4 are close enough to qualify. It's tough out there!

Frankie":21fslwyf said:
cowboy43":21fslwyf said:

I doubt it.

I doubt that myself. Mostly, the illegals don't compete for the same jobs. You have to get legal before Ford will hire you. That's where the layoff's are, in manufacturing. Mostly "legal Americans" getting laid off.

john250":2xuotz05 said:
Frankie":2xuotz05 said:
cowboy43":2xuotz05 said:

I doubt it.

I doubt that myself. Mostly, the illegals don't compete for the same jobs. You have to get legal before Ford will hire you. That's where the layoff's are, in manufacturing. Mostly "legal Americans" getting laid off.

Can't those "Ford" boys take a job running a shovel??

I would say there are a lot of good people at Ford (and other) plants who will do something, anything to make some money when their benefits are gone. Who knows what some of those folks may discover. Lots of talent in those factories.

I would be willing to bet that I could send a shuttle bus back and forth to the unemployment office on any given day on which hay could be made. We can't start baling until at least 11 after the dew dries off. By 2:00, there would be no people in sight and the hay would still be in the field. There is still work for those who truly want to work. In most cases, unemployment pays better than the work that is out there. Those "Ford boys" probably could pilot a shovel, but only if it pays $60/hr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts