Under Attack

Help Support CattleToday:

First and foremost we need to keep our butts in line at the voting booths. Keep guys like Hillary and Lurch OUT of office. Keep guys like George W in. And just cause he's a republican don't make him good. It's who he is and what he stands for that makes him.

Christians act like Christians. They plot along doing what they think is the right thing to do and go unheard and unnoticed. It seems the only way to be noticed is to act a fool. Most Christians are not willing to do that. Although the Bible says, "be angry and sin not." We need to be ready to take on a good fight for the right things. A man told me 20 years ago that there would be a Christian tied to every fence post in 50 years. It looks like he was right.

Congress granted the president line item veto powers. The supreme court over ruled.

The President of the United States was briefly granted this power by the Line Item Veto Act of 1996, passed by Congress in order to control "pork barrel spending" that favors a particular region rather than the nation as a whole. The line-item veto was used 82 [1] [2] times by President Bill Clinton before U.S. District Court Judge Thomas F. Hogan decided on February 12, 1998 that unilateral amendment or repeal of only parts of statutes violated the U.S. Constitution. This ruling was subsequently affirmed on June 25, 1998 by a 6-3 decision of the Supreme Court of the United States in the case Clinton v. City of New York.

Despite the court cases ruling the power unconstitutional, President George W. Bush requested that Congress give him the power of the line item veto in his 2006 State of the Union address. A constitutional amendment to give the President line item veto power has been considered periodically since the Court ruled the 1996 Act unconstitutional.

Teachers are liberals. I believe it when the school my kids go to has a snow make up day on Presidents Day rather then Martin Luther King Day.

if teachers are liberals then its alot of pansy a$$ed parents that make them that way, your not gonna spank my kid for misbehaving attitude. ill give them a time out when they get home. no way would i be a teacher now days they would have me arrested for child abuse.. not walking on egg shells afraid to make a stand.

ALACOWMAN":25gug9io said:
if teachers are liberals then its alot of pansy a$$ed parents that make them that way, your not gonna spank my kid for misbehaving attitude. ill give them a time out when they get home. no way would i be a teacher now days they would have me arrested for child abuse.. not walking on egg shells afraid to make a stand.

Could not agree more! Worse thing ever done in school systems was taking away the school being able to bust a child's butt. I got a few boardings in school I did not deserve, but got away with lots more that I should have got a boarding for, all worked out in wash. I would rather they bust my kids rear than give him some suspension or time out. I would hate to be a teacher in today's time! But then they would hate to have me as a teacher also :)

Believe it or not, there are some schools that still believe in corporal punishment. My son goes to one of them. At the beginning of the school year when they send home the piles of paperwork that us parents have to fill out, they have a section just for corporal punishment. I mark mine with a big fat YES!!! I tell my son that after the principal gets done bustin his butt, he gets to come home and have his Dad and I do the same. It keeps him in line. He's a good kid, only in second grade, he hasn't caused bad enough trouble to warrant a swat from the principal...but in the back of his mind...at least he knows it's there...waiting for him if he does step out of line!! :D

Scout":2mxu18pz said:
... A person cannot assume that teachers are to blame for society's ills. Basic values and belief systems start in the home.

Scout on this we very much agree. My opinion is most all of society's ills comes from poor sire and dam management at home.

flaboy+":31wpwccq said:
Scout":31wpwccq said:
... A person cannot assume that teachers are to blame for society's ills. Basic values and belief systems start in the home.

Scout on this we very much agree. My opinion is most all of society's ills comes from poor sire and dam management at home.
Teacher's are not babysitters. They are IMHO, underpaid, overloaded in Classroom size and have problem kids dumped on them that prohibit the rest of the class from learning. Too bad after the first week of a new school year, they cant Cull the herd.

flaboy+":1inln2kk said:
Scout":1inln2kk said:

A slightly different perspective. The values(?) being taught in many schools are very much different then many familys are teaching at home. It takes a pretty strong kid to be able to stand up to the peer pressure of his schoolmates when the other kids parents aren;t teaching values the same as yours. Some of those misguided parents actaully believe in the liberal values. There in lies the rub

dun

each generation gets worse the majority of kids now have single parents. kids are left to there mothers to raise no fathers. theres alot to be said for the older generation that have been married for fifty plus years.marriage means nothing anymore

Latest posts