Ultrasounding

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl_jenna

Reaction score
I was curious if anyone has there own ultrasound, to be more specific for repro work like preg checking? I'm sure they are costly, but I imagine they have come down in price some in recent years. I have nothing against our great vet doing it, but here's The reason I'm asking: We both work off farm jobs so we end up working cattle in the evenings and on weekends. All times when the vet is not available for normal work. We utilize the blood tests for early detection, and I am pretty good at palpating later on to say yes or no as far as being bred. But, I'd like to have a little more idea of stage of pregnancy. We run quite a few head and I'd defiantly use it on my dads dairy too. Maybe a wild idea, but ?
Thanx, Jenna

Prices have come down. We have had ours for about 2 1/2 years, and would never go back to primarily blood testing or palpating. We don't run nearly as many cows as most of the people that get one, but if you sell your opens and add up the cost of missed pregnancies, or hit the cull market at the best time, it can pay for itself pretty quickly. Not to mention getting a good idea of what your calving season is going to look like. For the record, we recently became sales reps for the company we bought ours from, so feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions! We are big believers in the technology.

Latest posts