Ugly

Help Support CattleToday:

Can I elaborate about what. It is a deformed calf and looks just like that inside out mess the link pictures.

Excuse my ignorance there ollie, I just assumed that since you referenced "Several generations of Angus on the bottom and several generations of Saler on the top", that maybe it had some significance to it.

The odd part to me is that it is heriditary and the cows and bull are two different breeds for several generations.

That is disgusting.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

If I gave it to you MM do you think you could save it?

Where's the little emoticon of the "guy losing his lunch" when I need it???

:lol:

No, I don't think I could save that...thing. Besides, looks like it's a DOA - Dead On Arrival. :lol2:

Save those kind of pictures until AFTER my cow calves, will ya? Make me all stressed she's going to pop out something looking like that. :shock:

Hmmm...homely little tyke.

About how many months of gestation before this poor critter was born?

Take care.

ps. Which end is facing the camera??

pss. Personally it kind of looks like the half-eaten mice one of the barn cats yaks up occasionally...

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2f198xbn said:
So did your dad turn the info in to the two breed assn's.?
One site said 1 in a million cows will produce a shifto.....what ever it is. No he didn't turn the info into the assns. I assume it isn't a recessive gene or you would see more of them. I don't have any idea the way you get one. The vet here said he had seen 6 or 8 in a lifetime. The cows are several generations of Angus but not registered. The Saler bull is a purebred bull but not a fullblood bull.

ollie, gee I'm sorry to hear/see that...bizarre, to say the least...

I did a google search on this and saw lots of things that I wish I hadn't...but it sure makes one appreciate when everything goes the way it should, along with giving thanks for a live, healthy calf, no matter the gender, color, etc.

Latest posts