two bullcalves - more work for Rocket2222

Help Support CattleToday:

KNERSIE

Reaction score
Probably the best one I've bred, 11 1/2 months old, sired by the bull I am building my program on. Rocket2222 if you can do your magic on this pic and get rid of the calf in the background it'd be very much appreciated.

IMG_6346.jpg

This calf is 10 1/2 months old sired by a clean up bull that I've bred.

IMG_6341.jpg

IMG_6348.jpg

I like him a lot. He reminds me of that red Gelbvieh bull I sent you a picture of recently(only better) :tiphat: I think you might be on to something here.

Jeanne, you are getting better, the old age is just showing a bit on the eyesight, you forget to take out the two white rear feet of the other calf! :lol:

Knersie, maybe your eyes are showing some age. I could swear I still see the whole calf as a "ghost".

LOL

Don't think my post worked. Will try this again. I would like to see a side view of the white legged bull and rear view of both to compare. The red bull is sure straight legged with a lot of eye appeal. The other has more caliber. Would like to see the red bull a little stronger behind the shoulder. Makes his shoulder look a little rough. When was the fire and how serious?

The whiter one looks a little wider form the pics,
But the redder one is a poster child for balance.
Looks durable.
I like him a lot.

Ok, here's my take on them...

The red bull, 0917 has all the width and hard muscle you could want, bordering on a touch too much bone, plenty of growth and as correct on the legs and feet as you're likely to get. He just has that natural neck extension and character that will make him an ideal candidate for the showring. weighed 491 kg yesterday

The white legged bull, 0926 is a touch deeper, slightly longer muscle on the hindquarter, wide enough, but not as wide as 0917, his hair quality, although good, isn't as good as 0917, he has slightly more set to the hindlegs than the ideal. weighed 455 kg yesterday.

Both have very good eyes, full eye pigment, both are scurred.

Don't have a rearview of 0926, but here is one of 0917
IMG_6332.jpg

When was the fire and how serious?

13 April 2010, quite serious, my parents' house almost burnt down, some damage to orchards, lots of damage to irrigation systems, two pumps burnt, miles of fence, all my hay, etc.

Knersie, maybe your eyes are showing some age. I could swear I still see the whole calf as a "ghost".

LOL

You're probably right!

It's a little rough, if you want it cleaned up better, I can spend more time on it latter.

Would it work better if I e-mail you a photo with higher resolution? Just give me your e-mail adress again, I'm on the wrong computer.

KNERSIE":3g7gsna4 said:
Ok, here's my take on them...

The red bull, 0917 has all the width and hard muscle you could want, bordering on a touch too much bone, plenty of growth and as correct on the legs and feet as you're likely to get. He just has that natural neck extension and character that will make him an ideal candidate for the showring. weighed 491 kg yesterday

The white legged bull, 0926 is a touch deeper, slightly longer muscle on the hindquarter, wide enough, but not as wide as 0917, his hair quality, although good, isn't as good as 0917, he has slightly more set to the hindlegs than the ideal. weighed 455 kg yesterday.

Both have very good eyes, full eye pigment, both are scurred.

Don't have a rearview of 0926, but here is one of 0917
IMG_6332.jpg

When was the fire and how serious?

13 April 2010, quite serious, my parents' house almost burnt down, some damage to orchards, lots of damage to irrigation systems, two pumps burnt, miles of fence, all my hay, etc.

LOL

You're probably right!

It's a little rough, if you want it cleaned up better, I can spend more time on it latter.

Would it work better if I e-mail you a photo with higher resolution? Just give me your e-mail adress again, I'm on the wrong computer.

Sounds like a significant setback. Apparently no life lost, human or livestock?

Rebuilding the landscape a little harder to do than it looks, it would help if I knew what the heck I was doing. :lol: Try this one. :arrow:

IMG_6346123.jpg

Oh - I didn't show anything. This was a Junior Spring Preview Show. Had 77 juniors & 128 head of cattle entered. I am a state Jr Advisor for the NYJ Beef Producers. It was clear up near Niagara Falls. I hitched a ride with other producers. Left Friday a.m. and didn't get home til after midnight Sat.

Latest posts