twin bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

uscangus

Reaction score
i kept my twin bulls that came from a purebred bull, and dam was also black baldy angus. the bulls are almost a year by end of july, and parents' structures are med to med-large frame. the question, being a twin, affects the potent fertility of the bull sperm since they are twin. i am planning to bred them with solid bcs scores and med-large angus cows that are proven that they have calved before. these cows are also purebred black angus. thank you for your kind and generous responses. uscangus................

Twining only affects the female part of a mixed gender birth. Your bulls may grow a bit slower but by the time they turn 2 you won;t see a difference based on them being twins. Keep in mind that these bulls daughters may/will be more prone to twin then a cow that is sired by a non-twin bull. A bull from a mixed gender set of twins is not affected by the female part of the twins.

dun":2jyfau1x said:
Twining only affects the female part of a mixed gender birth. Your bulls may grow a bit slower but by the time they turn 2 you won;t see a difference based on them being twins. Keep in mind that these bulls daughters may/will be more prone to twin then a cow that is sired by a non-twin bull. A bull from a mixed gender set of twins is not affected by the female part of the twins.
Correct! Lotsa myths out there, huh?

dun":2yqv3beh said:

thank you dun and CKC1586 for your generous and kind responses. i noticed when i compared to the yearling heifer black angus that these twins are slight smaller in height but the structural and lenght are there. with abundance of pastures in the field and protein supplements, i was thinking that genetics may kicked in. i was informed by my neighbor and friends that being a twin bull that potent fertility of the sperm to bred may be affected. but, i did not not know that these bulls' daughters may prone to deliver "twin". is that like skipping generation or every generation or production?

these black angus bulls are like human twins in regard being together. they are very docile and submissive. they are not aloof or individual. i hopes that they don't change in their temperament.

USCangus........u may not view my response as kind or generous....but.... why do u wish to use bulls that are mongrel mutts......Sell em and go buy yourself a pure Angus or Herford or Limmy or anything that is not of mixed blood. If these cows are papered Angus you need a papered bull....otherwise get a bull that will give you hybrid kick

once again, thanks to houstoncutter for your candid and generous response. the twin bull came from a purebred black angus bull and dam is a black baldy. both parents were over 1500 lbs and bcs were ideal. in regard to pure angus and herford, it is all about individual preferences. i acquires dams(around 3 to 5 year olds) that are over 1500lbs that are proven producer. also, i acquires them when the price is about 50 to mid 50 cent, based on economics.

Latest posts