Tusker

Help Support CattleToday:

bird dog said:
Somebody likes the meat. They sell pretty good alive.
A lot of the buyers in my area buy and sell to game ranches. They have DNA East Texas hogs and found hogs with the same DNA in northern states. Hunters buy them and transport them at night and in closed trailers an let them out in areas where there are not any. This gives the hunters something to hunt.

hurleyjd said:
bird dog said:
A lot of the buyers in my area buy and sell to game ranches. They have DNA East Texas hogs and found hogs with the same DNA in northern states. Hunters buy them and transport them at night and in closed trailers an let them out in areas where there are not any. This gives the hunters something to hunt.

I thought that was illegal? If not it should be. Let a few of them adapt to the cold climates and then where would you be.
The law of unintended consequences.

bird dog said:
hurleyjd said:
bird dog said:

I thought that was illegal? If not it should be. Let a few of them adapt to the cold climates and then where would you be.

It is illegal.
An ex-captain or our sheriff dept works for the TAHC enforcing those regulations.

Edit
That is a good hog! A dead one.

Caustic Burno said:
bird dog said:
hurleyjd said:

It is illegal.
An ex-captain or our sheriff dept works for the TAHC enforcing those regulations.

Edit
That is a good hog! A dead one.

http://agrilifecdn.tamu.edu/txwildlifeservices/files/2011/07/feral_swineRelocate.pdf

Latest posts