Tumblebug/hay dolly

Help Support CattleToday:

Durabilt industries
Pocahontas AR
Builds them
They have a dealer locator on their site.
Price for a new one should be around 1500.00

I never realized those had electric brakes on them. Can you pick a hay roll, out of a row of hay rolls with one of those, or does it have to be sitting all by its lonesome?

You can pickup them up when they are lined up.
The tire bumps the bale next to the bale you're loading but as long as you don't let it get crooked and stay square with the bale it works fine.
Only problem is if two rows running parallel there needs to be a gap between the two rows for the arm to reach over and grab.
Other wise you don't get a good bite and it may not load and you have to drag it away and pull the arm out of the bale and grab it again

Bigfoot":1goyqu4w said:
I never realized those had electric brakes on them. Can you pick a hay roll, out of a row of hay rolls with one of those, or does it have to be sitting all by its lonesome?

Cross-7":1ae3zw63 said:
Bigfoot":1ae3zw63 said:

Those things are pretty handy then.

We call them hay stealers. Once you get the hang of it it's fluid motion back up pull light switch grab bale and your gone. Never have to get out of the truck. If you were the thieving kind you good steal a feller blind in just a few days. We've had hay go missing before and only explanation is they were using one.

I have had one for 40 years , starting to get worn in places, I latched onto a bale this year ( in a bad angle ) and bent the arm, I will have to get it straightened or try to find a replacement arm. Must have fed 4000 to 5000 bales with it. Anyone know who sells replacement arms in Texas...? :cboy:

Guess you could come get the one off mine...I load with a tractor and chock the wheels to unload. Probably feed 35 or so bales a year with it. It's been bent and welded on also.

Seen a whole rig for sale somewhere for $750 or so.

Old thread but I've got two of them that I wouldn't sell unless someone wanted to pay a new price. Last time I checked they were $1800 here. They are a very handy piece of equipment.
Bought both of mine used. $500 and $600. Literally took me years to find them. Wires the trailer brakes to the brake terminal on a 7 way plug. Lock the trailer brakes in the truck to load/unload. Only reason I have to get out is to cut the net wrap.

tumble bug hay trailer at work loading and unloading...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzQh9Jy508c

By th3 time I got a hold of mine the brakes and wiring were shot and everything rusted up. Not that big of a deal to chock the wheels and they work every time so far. Couple times it was almost to muddy but I managed to get it dumped after a couple try's.

jltrent said:
tumble bug hay trailer at work loading and unloading...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzQh9Jy508c

I was just waiting for the arm to go thru the back glass of that Blazer!