TSC

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Took aaa short cut the long way around yesterday and saw that they're building a TSC in town. I wonder who THAT will run out of business.

dun":s8iwokne said:
Took aaa short cut the long way around yesterday and saw that they're building a TSC in town. I wonder who THAT will run out of business.
Probably not a heck of a lot Dun.They may take a few sales away from the "locals' at first, but once everyone figures out that it'll be mainly staffed by Horse's rears, ya'll will appreciate the place you been patronizing. Did I mention their exhorbitant prices on many things?

Crowderfarms":1z82k31q said:
dun":1z82k31q said:
Probably not a heck of a lot Dun.They may take a few sales away from the "locals' at first, but once everyone figures out that it'll be mainly staffed by Horse's rears, ya'll will appreciate the place you been patronizing. Did I mention their exhorbitant prices on many things?

Good to hear. The business' around here are pretty much of an institution by now. I was afraid they were like wallysworld and would lower prices (and quality) to the point that they would suck the exisitng buyers away.

They are aimed at the town people that do not mind paying there price to be rustic!!!!!!!!!!

The store here definitely lowered the quality, but not the prices. If you get the same type of manager that we have, you ain't got a thing to worry about.

The only positive I can see is if they're open sundays or saturday afternoons and they carry odd ball/misc. type stuff that you need in a hurry, i.e. shear bolts, a nut for the thing that came apart because the nut fell off. That sort of thing.

they are good an bad.now feed is higher than a devil there.but you can get stuff there you need 7 days a week.an some of their stuff is cheaper than elsewhere.

They opened one up in fredericksburg recently,I aint impressed,Im betting most of their customers are folks that just need yard stuff,but I agree seems like they may be handy for a bolt or nut on weekends.................good luck

I'd rather take a beating than go in TSC, but as much as I hate to admit it, I patronized one this morning. We were vaccinating some cows yesterday evening when we opened up a new box of vaccines from the co-op to discover it only had one bottle, no constitution liquid! So now we're 25 doses short and the co-op was closed, TSC had 2 boxes of 10 and we had an extra 5 box in the fridge. I'd like to get my hands on the jerk that put that half-empty pack on the shelf.

The thing I don't like about our TSC is that about half the time they are out of stock for the things I am needing - right then - on a Saturday evening or Sunday. I've had several bad experiences in there including a cashier telling me to go into the back of the store to find the manager to see if my Grazon had been delivered to the store and the manager jumping down my throat for coming into the back of the store. If I have any other option, I go somewhere else. I think most other folks in my community do as well.

They are also in the process of building one in Bowie right now.
I guess it may help seeing as all we have is ACE Hardware,that's closed on sunday.As our 2 feed stores are too.

Cal

They are the best place to buy bolts, especially grade 8 bolts.

There you go, I said something good about them.

backhoeboogie":2hg88vio said:

That's the problem, everyone around here sells 8s, can;t find anything to use for a shear bolt!

dun":eqwyw2l4 said:
backhoeboogie":eqwyw2l4 said:

That's the problem, everyone around here sells 8s, can;t find anything to use for a shear bolt!

Out of desperation a few years ago, I stuck a grade 5 in my auger. Choked out an 85hp tractor, never seen metal peel like that...

They're not going to put anyone out of business.

They are handy for times when the good stores are closed :D

Our local one is nothing more than a store that sells clothing, lawn/garden, tool boxes, etc. Sure they have feed, but are about 20% higher than the local feed stores.

They compete with Wal-Mart, Lowes, Sears, etc.....

backhoeboogie":gnhs3z60 said:

Ditto to the bolts. You get them by the pound for about 30% less than ACE and 70% less than Lowes and the Depot.

I have to admit they saved my fanny a couple times. Busted hydraulic line and no fluid in the barn. They were open on Sunday and they had it. They even had a bearing I burned up on the baler on a Sunday. They also had the MIG gas I needed on a Sunday.

I for one am glad to have them around cause most of my stuff breaks on Sunday.

TSC bought out Dels farm supply here and when it was Dels it had everything, shear bolts to cow antibiotics. TSC bought them and now they have nothing! they sell cheap horse tack, dog food and lots of clothes and pink purses, no bolts or the like. they have animal feed but its spendy and their hay is cast off yellow crap for 15 bucks a 90 pound bale! We also have a brand new Lowes in town but we go to the local hardware store regardless of price and I buy my feed at the local feed store too, they have everything and if they dont have it they will find it and get it for you. TSC people just shrug their shoulders and say I dunno.....

I have noticed each one is a little different. Must be the manager. The one here has a bit of everything and of course the normal glitzy stuff. When I go to the market I stop by another one that carries baling twine. It is about the only one that carries the 16,000 foot bales of round baler twine. I always stock up because the nearest other place to get it is about 40 miles away from the farm.

I expect the local one here to go down hill fast. They recently promoted the lady that was the manager and the regional guy put his X-Depot buddy in charge of this store. This is the same guy that would not help load out folks. Said he was not a manual labor employee. He knows absolutely nothing about anything.

Latest posts