Truck vs Cow

Help Support CattleToday:

Nowland Farms

Reaction score
This morning, I picked Dad up and we headed out at 3am going to Chattanooga TN to attend a Military Vehicle swap meet. About 15 miles from home, I rounded a curve and found a cow standing in the middle of the road. This is what happens when a truck meets a cow on a country road and you can't stop. Dad and I were OK. The cow wasn't so lucky.

img-2305_large.jpg

img-2304_large.jpg

img-2303_large.jpg

img-2302_large.jpg

Trucks are replacable. People ain't... Glad y'all are okay. There is a miracle cure called hot water and epsom salts. Goferit.Z

I'll never forget when my sister (who was driving), and my daughter (who was about 6 years old) rounded a curve in the highway at Chalk Mountain at night...and in the road were about six holstein cows.

My sister did some real excellent driving...and we managed to avoid them...a whole lot of obstacle course driving took place. My daughter was riding and sleeping up in the back window part (that was before seat belts were mandatory, and I'm so glad seat belts are manadatory now, btw.)

Anyway, when it was all said and done, my poor baby was crammed between the floor and the back seat up against our front seats...only kind of crying and asking, "What was that?" :shock:

Again, seat belts...I don't care what anybody thinks...are a good thing! Cows on the highway...or dear Lord.

Alice

Alice":2ccvlhpt said:
Again, seat belts...I don't care what anybody thinks...are a good thing! Cows on the highway...or dear Lord.

Alice

I passed a udder about head high
She didn't know that she had strayed.

Thank gooodness she and the others weren't on the center line.

Nowland Farms..... I'm Glad you and dad are OK.

glad you all ok.. your truck looks like you hit one of them wv deers..
a few weeks ago i had to pick up doug from work his truck broke down.. was midnight, crazy deer every where.. going about 5 miles an hour seen them on side of road.. one had a stupie moment ran right out in front of us hit our new truck.. no damage to speak of this time.. deer flew up in the air..i was so mad i jumped out was gonna grab a t post from the back and wack him LOL and throw him in the back but he had other plans... jumped up and ran off some where there is a bald butted deer! LOL Rose

Several years ago when I was still in the workforce and commuting to work, I witnessed this. It was pretty funny. A couple of the bass fisherman was coming to Lake Fork to fish. They hit a donkey that was in the road. The donkey went over the truck and into the boat, They were dtrying to figure out how to get it out and go fishing. I looked did not help but laughed for about ten miles.

Workinonit Farm":3hvjmnzw said:
Wow! :shock:

That must have ben quite a fright. i'm sure glad you two are alright.

Katherine
ive never hit cows an done that kind of damage to a truck.you had tobe moving on.so good that no 1 was hurt.ive hitt cows doing 20 an rolled them up an over the hood.an watched them get up an amble off an eat hay.

Alice":3g3chqqp said:
I'll never forget when my sister (who was driving), and my daughter (who was about 6 years old) rounded a curve in the highway at Chalk Mountain at night...and in the road were about six holstein cows.

My sister did some real excellent driving...and we managed to avoid them...a whole lot of obstacle course driving took place. My daughter was riding and sleeping up in the back window part (that was before seat belts were mandatory, and I'm so glad seat belts are manadatory now, btw.)

Alice

It was good that your sister kept her head about her. I saw 2 different vehicles hit a car (separate times) when the people driving had 3 lanes of traffic to maneuver around the car and plenty of time to do it in. They could see the car for many blocks. The people just froze. Some people shouldn't be driving.

Gate Opener":21xgqqyd said:
Alice":21xgqqyd said:

Alice

It was good that your sister kept her head about her. I saw 2 different vehicles hit a car (separate times) when the people driving had 3 lanes of traffic to maneuver around the car and plenty of time to do it in. They could see the car for many blocks. The people just froze. Some people shouldn't be driving.

When I worked in the metroplex, my commute was about 40 miles one way...all freeway driving. I've seen what you are talking about numerous times. You're right, some people shouldn't be driving.

Alice

Nowland I'm glad you guys are ok.

Several years ago driving on a hilly winding road behind a car on a dark night, as I got to the crest of yet another hill all of a sudden it looked like someone had dropped a 10 pound bag of flour on the road because there was this strange haze. I slowed down and saw a deer run off to the left. I realized the car in front of me had hit the deer. No heavy damage to her car but sure messed up one headlight and crome pieces hanging off in crazy angles. Man that was one dusty deer.

Cuz

I think that you and your dad are pretty lucky dudes. I knew someone who was killed when that same thing happened. Do you know who the cow belonged to? I can't believe the damage. Looks like someone picked up that truck and dropped it face down.