Triple C El Ponderosa Rey

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
I received 100 straws of this bull in a shipment today. I have no idea why, I did not order it, what breed is the bull ...............

Came from Hawkeye

Anybody ever heard of him?

Triple C El Ponderosa Rey

Nice looking bull but I guess you wouldn't want to use him on your Chars, huh? ;-) Somebody's sure going to get chewed out for misplacing $2500 worth of semen! Good thing they sent it to an honest man.

They probably sent you the stuff Mike; as a freebie....kind of like the free oddball chick that Murray McMurray Hatchery throws in with my chick order. Like what am I going to do with a lone Lakenvelder, Cochin, or Fayoumis chicken?

Brandonm2":3g00qgjw said:
They probably sent you the stuff Mike; as a freebie....kind of like the free oddball chick that Murray McMurray Hatchery throws in with my chick order. Like what am I going to do with a lone Lakenvelder, Cochin, or Fayoumis chicken?

I guess a rare chicken would do me more good than this stuff. :lol:

AH come on Mike, smokies don't sell good down there?

Ship it up here, I'll get it used up :D

For a Simmi, El Ponderosa Rey is actually somewhat popular. At least Triple C uses him heavily and gets a pretty penny for his calves.

He's a black Simmental calving ease bull. I plan on using him on three heifers next week. Being summertime and lots of college students work during the summer at collection company/semen company somebody read the wrong cane code and sent it to you.

Matt

Matt Schiel":dp2asatk said:
He's a black Simmental calving ease bull. I plan on using him on three heifers next week. Being summertime and lots of college students work during the summer at collection company/semen company somebody read the wrong cane code and sent it to you.

Matt

Not only did they read the wrong number on the cane. But they read the wrong address. I didn't order any semen. From any bull.

You want to buy some? ;-)

somehow, i dont think 100 straws would be a freebie. that's at least $200 cost just to get collected. maybe you should call Triple C or Hawkeye...?

Probably silly question for you experienced AIers, but how long is a straw good for in storage? Just curious.....our little girl is only a month old but your thread got me to wondering........ :roll: Also, I guess if you're going to take the time to answer that question for me...what age am I going to need a straw? I guess since we have a "purebred" mutt cow it wouldn't matter what fellow we used as long as he is tasty!! ;-)

until you thaw it.

most people breed their cows at 15 months old so they will calve at 24 months.

if you have some breeds, that may be too early, but for most it is standard.

certherfbeef":1x6lwsx7 said:
AH come on Mike, smokies don't sell good down there?

Ship it up here, I'll get it used up :D

And if she can't handle it all, I'd take some off your hands. ;-)

I called Hawkeye this morning. They didn't believe it. This was a major screwup.

Supposed to get a call tag in the morning to return the tank.

The lady said those shipper tanks will last 20 days?

Sorry guys. Unless you come pick it up tonight, it's gone back. :lol:

I'd hate to be the poor sucker that got those 100 straws. In the shipper for 20 days??? :shock:

Why?

If they shipped it fully charged and with LN2 in it it will last 20 days. Secondly, when they pull the semen out they should check the straws quickly to see if they are stuck together or not. Or many places will send an indicator that shows if the tanks temperature has dropped.

SEC":3lfu73vb said:
Why?

If they shipped it fully charged and with LN2 in it it will last 20 days. Secondly, when they pull the semen out they should check the straws quickly to see if they are stuck together or not. Or many places will send an indicator that shows if the tanks temperature has dropped.

Why? because I was always told the shippers were only good for 4 days max. That is why it was never sent over a weekend or holiday.

Latest posts