Trespassing

Help Support CattleToday:

I wouldn't hang up a sign like that because 1. I don't want to be accused of doing anything premeditated, 2. Karens, and 3. If somebody is bold enough to trespass on marked land, I don't want them to be cocked for trouble if I come across them because in this modern litigious and entitled world it's infinitely better to assume that people are going to react poorly to being told "no" and I don't want them thinking that the confrontation has to end just one way or another.

The best thing against trespassing is prosecuting a couple. Word gets around fast to that crowd.
Texas has great trespassing laws. I got with the local GW and with a couple SPYPOINT cameras he lit them up.
I haven't had problems with my property down the road in a couple years now.
I still have the cameras up.
Academy has Moultrie cellular cameras on sell right now for 60 bucks.
You can't outrun that cellular picture that's time stamped.

This. ^^^

Plus, in Texas a fence is an automatic "No Trespassing" Sign. Word gets around that you will prosecute trespassers and they will stop.

Dusty and Caustic are right. You can also post the county sheriffs and hospital number on the gate with the notice they will
need one or both if found on the premises.. The old adage all signs fail in dry weather apply here.

Growing up here in the 1960s, we were a small county where everyone knew everyone. My friends and I considered the hills and streams our personal playground and we were out nearly year round fishing, hunting or just letting off energy. We hardly ever had any trouble as people knew us and our parents. We generally were respectful of people and property. I have tried to be understanding because I was treated well in my youth by so many.
But, those days are gone.
With a mile of state road frontage and county road frontage, I feel where KY. Hills is coming from. Nobody even seems to try and pick up the trash and it is dangerous for me to try it. I have been bitten by neighbor's dogs more than once while on my own property. I shot one once when it was bothering some cows with new calves and it became a headline story in the local paper. Out of respect they did not mention my name but it was sure hard on my blood pressure.
Our home is on a hill above an old school house property. People moved in there that just trashed the place with scattered junk and mess. When the old school caught on fire they moved out. I purchased the property and cleaned it up with a bulldozer. It contains 1 1/2 acres but I just mow it about 3 times a year so I can see up and down the road when we pull out of our drive.
Every electric utility or road crew uses it to park vehicles when working in the area. I do not mind but even they no longer show much respect for private property on which I pay taxes. We can hear parked vehicles revving their motors down there at all hours of the night.
Sorry for the rant but I now feel a little better.

Growing up here in the 1960s, we were a small county where everyone knew everyone. My friends and I considered the hills and streams our personal playground and we were out nearly year round fishing, hunting or just letting off energy. We hardly ever had any trouble as people knew us and our parents. We generally were respectful of people and property. I have tried to be understanding because I was treated well in my youth by so many.
But, those days are gone.
With a mile of state road frontage and county road frontage, I feel where KY. Hills is coming from. Nobody even seems to try and pick up the trash and it is dangerous for me to try it. I have been bitten by neighbor's dogs more than once while on my own property. I shot one once when it was bothering some cows with new calves and it became a headline story in the local paper. Out of respect they did not mention my name but it was sure hard on my blood pressure.
Our home is on a hill above an old school house property. People moved in there that just trashed the place with scattered junk and mess. When the old school caught on fire they moved out. I purchased the property and cleaned it up with a bulldozer. It contains 1 1/2 acres but I just mow it about 3 times a year so I can see up and down the road when we pull out of our drive.
Every electric utility or road crew uses it to park vehicles when working in the area. I do not mind but even they no longer show much respect for private property on which I pay taxes. We can hear parked vehicles revving their motors down there at all hours of the night.
Sorry for the rant but I now feel a little better.
It really does sound you have almost the same issues we have.
Our farm across the road from where our main property is, has frontage on both a state road and a county road.
The telephone company bought a little section that was in between the two roads years ago and they often park their trucks along that section of road that is no longer maintained, they also block our gate. We went over to load our bulls out last year to put with cows, and they had unhooked a trailer right in front of our gate. We had asked them multiple times not to block the gate, my wife called the sheriff's office on the phone company. They said they had met up there and left their trucks and trailer and went out to lunch. Must have been a long lunch, often times they pull off over there several at a time and just sit.

I see these smile your on camara signs. Cameras everywhere now I wonder if there is always a camera. I bet other people wonder too.

they also block our gate. We went over to load our bulls out last year to put with cows, and they had unhooked a trailer right in front of our gate.
"do not block driveway" signs
Some area farmers post signs at field driveways. People park along roads for fishing & etc and block field driveways.

Dogs help a lot. Just don't put "Beware of the dog" anywhere on your property; home and vehicle because you can be sued for harboring a vicious animal. Don't ask me how I know.
Beware of dogs indicates you thought the animal was vicious. Print up some big signs that merely state " Dogs on premises " and there you go....