Transporting Heavy Bred Cows

Help Support CattleToday:

rockroadseminole

Reaction score
If you found a load of exactly what you were looking for (In my case bred, fall calving, red angus 3-5 year old cows. If you know anybody in GA, FL, or AL let me know.) for a price you felt good about, how close to calving is too close to transport?

In my specific example, 425 miles and cows are due to start in late September.

If you like them, and price is right - get some wind on them and let them ride. Just don't pack them in trailer too tight.

We just sold some cows that are due in early September and they got hauled on a 6 hour ride. Trailer was very airy and well bedded wiht plenty of room, according to the buyer they made the trip just fine.

I wouldn't even think twice about the haul. My concern would be change in environment. If it's not drastic then go for it.

JMJ Farms":1uyum516 said:
Load em in the evening late and strike out. I know some people in Georgia. You looking for somebody to haul them?

We have used a guy by the name of Whitehead in the past and been very pleased. Do you have a truck?

rockroadseminole":3n4u6r93 said:
JMJ Farms":3n4u6r93 said:
Load em in the evening late and strike out. I know some people in Georgia. You looking for somebody to haul them?

We have used a guy by the name of Whitehead in the past and been very pleased. Do you have a truck?

I do but I only have a 24' trailer and I unfortunately don't have the time. But I do have a good friend that does it for a living and that's all he's done for the last 30 years. He's got a big gooseneck, a ground load, and a pot. He's set up for just about any size load.

Latest posts