Trailer recommendation

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7

Reaction score
I'm shopping for a 24' stock trailer
I have looked at a "Gooseneck" brand trailer and I like it but I haven't looked at any others
The Gooseneck is priced at 10650.00
What mfg would you recommend ?

when i hauled cattle for the public, i had a 24 ft ""neckover brand"" .it was a great trailer.. dont see many around here anymore... CW circle w is popular here now....

That 10650.00 for a 24" sounds like a aluminum trailer price? I have a 24 WW and it has been a great trailer, if I was buying a new trailer now it would probably be a coose, I have looked at new goosenecks and coose's side by side and I think the coose is a little better trailer anymore. I don't know what you like,but I have had really good luck with torsion axles and I really recommend them.

The 10650 was for a steel trailer
I thought that sounded high but he is a good customer and I'd call him a freind so I don't think he'd cheat me

cross_7":5h8nbh6z said:
I thought that sounded high but he is a good customer and I'd call him a freind so I don't think he'd cheat me
Around here you can buy a 32" gooseneck brand with 3 cut gates and 3 axles for about that.

cross_7":1z1v8itj said:

New 16" goosneck trailers are around $7000 so that may be in line. You might check out Degan trailers. Made in Groesbeck in Central Texas. A lot of them on the road.

Donohue makes about the toughest trailer you'll ever pull but they don't get sold used very often and I doubt you'd get a 24' anywhere near the price you're looking at.

I have a CM bumper pull that I really like but I don't know anything about their gooseneck trailers

cross_7":3hriqwwh said:
kenny thomas":3hriqwwh said:
If you are keeping it for life get a Wilson aluminum.

Not that I can afford an aluminum but I heard the welds break(no flex) on aluminum
A Wilson is built different. It has rivits instead of welds. I have one built in 2001 and has probably had 10,000 head hauled in it and never any repairs at all.

kenny thomas":2san3fsz said:
cross_7":2san3fsz said:
kenny thomas":2san3fsz said:
If you are keeping it for life get a Wilson aluminum.

Not that I can afford an aluminum but I heard the welds break(no flex) on aluminum
A Wilson is built different. It has rivits instead of welds. I have one built in 2001 and has probably had 10,000 head hauled in it and never any repairs at all.

That's true for many aluminum trailers but not Wilson. They have rivets rather than welds. They last forever. I have a 24 ft Wilson. Love it! It's lighter and much easier to pull than my 20 ft CM steel trailer. I think they cost around $16-17k new.

All our aluminum trailers are Wilson's. If going aluminum, spend the extra money and get a Wilson, you won't regret it.

bird dog":1k4fqirv said:
These are nice and seem to be well built.

http://www.bigbendtrailers.com/index.html

I saw a program on RFD TV about them
They are affiliated with the espuala(sp) ranch somehow
I don't like the split gate on the back though, but they may offer a swing gate too

The Wilson aluminum sounds like the way to go but poor folks have poor ways

I can pick up a 24' Neckover trailer with canvas top and wood floor for around $7500 here but they are built 30 miles up the road. You can go to their website to find a dealer your way and get a quote. I've got one made in the late 90's that has help up well. They are comparable to the Gooseneck brand.

http://www.neckover.com

Latest posts