Tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

michael45

Reaction score
I have a 2008 model Mahindra 6530 4x4 with about 700 hours. When i put it in reverse it sounds like the gears are grinding. Tractor will still move but the loud grinding noise continues until i take it out of reverve. I have changed the hydro fluid and filter and cleaned the screen, also opened the inspection plate to look at the gears, i don't see anything wrong but i can't see everything. Does not do this in any forward gears. Anyone experianced this problem before or know what the problem might be?

Yes, it just stared a couple days ago. I'm not driving it for fear of damaging the gears. It sounds like they are not synchronizing.

michael45":bzfpnqoi said:
I have a 2008 model Mahindra 6530 4x4 with about 700 hours. When i put it in reverse it sounds like the gears are grinding. Tractor will still move but the loud grinding noise continues until i take it out of reverve. I have changed the hydro fluid and filter and cleaned the screen, also opened the inspection plate to look at the gears, i don't see anything wrong but i can't see everything. Does not do this in any forward gears. Anyone experianced this problem before or know what the problem might be?
Would pull the transmission filter and check to see what kind of metal is in it if any.
My storng guess it is a bearing.

michael45":2fz6u559 said:

Any luck with it yet? I seem to have a similar problem, and don't know what is causing it. Happens on my deere 4020 and I hope it isn't something serious... Yeah, I think I need to get a mechanic to come, maybe this weekend.

Regards,
Carter

Latest posts