Tractor Shopping

Help Support CattleToday:

cowsrus

Reaction score
I'm looking at upgrading tractors, newer and more comfortable with a cab & air and a loader and it seems like the more i look, the more confused i get. I really like a 6110 JD , but its got 5000 hrs on it and i'm kind of leery about spending $20 + thousand dollars for a 98 model with that kind of hrs on it. Also looked at a slick 04 6320 JD with 3000 hrs. for 30+ thousand.I want to spend thirty thousand or less, so should i keep looking for something with lower hrs? How long can you expect one of these new four cylinder engines to run without an overhaul or other major repairs?

I have found that no matter how hard the economy is a good piece of iron is still expensive as S... I am in market looking at a new kubota around 50hp no cab or air looking at L4400 without the syncro transmission or whatever i just want standard I would rather shift the gears 4x4 with loader and set of remotes. The local dealer quoted me 23k for that and i was like man you arent selling anything why cant you cut me a break I offered 20,500 he wouldnt take it... lol

jedstivers":2o02fxzi said:
Thats to much money for them.
I'm not sure what prices are like in other areas but around here that is a deal. I am assuming he is talking with a loader. A neighbor had an '03 6420 with a 673 loader valued at $57,000. If you can pick up a 6320 with loader for 30 that is a steal unless it is a heap. As far as hours go 5,000 hours is really not much. I've got two 6400's on the place. One is a '93 and one is a '94. They both have over 8300 hours and have no problems. I've seen quite a few over 10,000 hours with no problems. By the way all these tractors are MFWD which adds a lot of value.

The '04 6320 i was looking at has a loader and is a 2 wh dr model. It has 3200 hrs but looks brand new. I love the cab on these JD tractors. I am a big guy and i need a cab that is easy to get in and out of, and comfortable once you get there. I was just hesitating because of the hrs and the all the electronics they have on them. The 6610 also has a ldr and is 2 wh dr. It is the one with 5000 hrs. It looks a little worn and the electronice speedometer does not work and that concerns me, but they had it priced at 22,900 which i thought was priced good for its hrs and age (i think its a 98 model). I know it's a gamble anytime you buy something used, but i figure what the heck, you can't take it with you and i might as well treat myself to something nice while i'm here. I just don't want to buy something and then spend a lot of money making repairs and thats why i'm asking for advice. Thanks guys

cowsrus":3b38kq6n said:
The '04 6320 i was looking at has a loader and is a 2 wh dr model. It has 3200 hrs but looks brand new. I love the cab on these JD tractors. I am a big guy and i need a cab that is easy to get in and out of, and comfortable once you get there. I was just hesitating because of the hrs and the all the electronics they have on them. The 6610 also has a ldr and is 2 wh dr. It is the one with 5000 hrs. It looks a little worn and the electronice speedometer does not work and that concerns me, but they had it priced at 22,900 which i thought was priced good for its hrs and age (i think its a 98 model). I know it's a gamble anytime you buy something used, but i figure what the heck, you can't take it with you and i might as well treat myself to something nice while i'm here. I just don't want to buy something and then spend a lot of money making repairs and thats why i'm asking for advice. Thanks guys
IMO both of those tractors are priced a little high
I would check around some more and not just pay extra for the green paint
as for being a big guy the newer NH have the largest cab on the market

Latest posts