Tractor accident

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Don't have all the details yet friend of mine 76 got run over by his tractor. They life flighted him to Conroe. Right shoulder destroyed. Fractured hips and pelvis, left leg shattered. Found out tonight they are hoping to be able to start trying to put things back together Friday.

Dr says it will be at least a year before he is at his new normal.

So sorry to hear this. Seems like these tractor accidents are happening more often. A local guy was killed when his tractor started rolling away and he tried to jump on to stop it. It rolled over him. I will remember your friend in a prayer. We all need to be more conscientious of safety. Slow down a little, stop and look things over. Take that extra few seconds to be more aware.

Will be praying for him and his family. That is a terrible thing to go through I can't imagine, just the thoughts of the injury details make me hurt. I've had several close calls, as I reckon we all have.

We all need to be more careful out there. Man down the road got hung up between the back tire and fender last year and I had a close call with a pickup at the front gate last month. Hope your friend makes a speedy recovery CB. I also hope he has some help if he has livestock the stress of worrying can be bad when trying to heal up.

You get in a hurry and your mind is wandering and you do stupid things. I have to force myself to lock the brake when I get off to cut the net off a round bale. More than once the cows rush up behind the tractor where I have one on the unroller and start scratching on the bale. This is just enough to get the tractor rolling.

I will also send prayers. As most of you know, my Dad was run over by a tractor a year and a half ago, but he did not survive. You cannot be too careful. I always set the brake, put the FEL on the ground and turn the tractor off any time I dismount now.

Oh Lord! Caustic, your friend has my prayers. I am so sorry to hear this. Last month my tractor started to "tip" while I was putting out hay (an incredibly heavy bale), it'll make you pucker. I cannot fathom what that man is going through.

Bad news just keeps coming.
Another good friend just called and said the Dr. gave his daughter six weeks. Doesn't matter she's 48 there still your baby.
Doesn't look like that cancer cure will make it in time.

Caustic Burno said:
Bad news just keeps coming.
Another good friend just called and said the Dr. gave his daughter six weeks. Doesn't matter she's 48 there still your baby.
Doesn't look like that cancer cure will make it in time.

Again, I'm sorry to hear of the sad news. Just tragic.

Well if there is any good news in getting run over, he had no organ injury. It's all orthopedic. Not minimizing the injuries. Pneumonia is so dangerous at that age and he is high risk. My older sister last January got the flu went to pneumonia and died she was 75. I hope he got the pneumonia vaccination.

Caustic Burno said:
Well if there is any good news in getting run over, he had no organ injury. It's all orthopedic. Not minimizing the injuries. Pneumonia is so dangerous at that age and he is high risk. My older sister last January got the flu went to pneumonia and died she was 75. I hope he got the pneumonia vaccination.
my grandma just died from pneumonia a little over a month ago. Very fast and unexpected! (From the time she decided something was wrong tell she died about 16 hours)

Latest posts