Towable Creep Feeders

Help Support CattleToday:

RutStrut

Reaction score
Looking for a smaller 1/2 to 1 ton towable creep feeder. So far the only one I have been able to locate is a 35 bushel Feed Train model, but they are pricey $1700. Anyone know of any similiar brands or models. Like the idea of being able to move for storage, reloc, etc with my ATV.

RutStrut":3mfmroam said:
Looking for a smaller 1/2 to 1 ton towable creep feeder. So far the only one I have been able to locate is a 35 bushel Feed Train model, but they are pricey $1700. Anyone know of any similiar brands or models. Like the idea of being able to move for storage, reloc, etc with my ATV.
Anything on skids or wheels will be a bit high. Don't know where you're located but found this one:

http://bandbequipment.com/apache/creepfeeders.html

Here is a photo of mine, I built it myself a couple of years ago, it holds 1/2ton. It has a drawbar on the front of the creep gates, it is easy to just hook onto the drawbar of the tractor and shift to the next paddock. I change paddocks approx every 5 days. The creep gates can be taken off and a drawbar attached direct to the feeder and has legs which drop down so it can be used free standing. I thought it might give you a few ideas. It has been very successfull.
2012_01150008.jpg

Ken

Nice feeder Ken, I would love to have something like that. Unfortunately, I am not much into the welding and my welding buddies seem to always be preoccupied. Going to a farm sale/auction in MO sat moring, hoping to pick one up on the cheap.