Tough Decision

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Our oldest cat, Diesel, has not eaten in 2 days and has taken to laying under our bed. Has no interest in anything around him.
He's not in good shape. :(

Called the vet and he is coming out on Monday to put him down. We want to do it while the kids are gone.

Not very happy around our place right now. :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

I had to put down our old tomcat cat last week. He was 11. He was the only cat I've ever liked, just another member of the family.

:cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

The indepenent stinker took the matter from our hands and passed away during the night.
We are sure going to miss him flopping on our faces in the night to get warm. yowling for his food.

So many great memories.
Farting in my husbands ear when he was kitten.

RIP Diesel.

I'm sorry, ILH, it's a very difficult situation to deal with and it just plain sucks!! :(

Thank you guys.

we sure do miss him. Hubby keeps getting up expecting him to start complaining for his breakfast.
I keep looking in all his favorite spots.

Guess we will stop one of these days. Our other cats are coming up to us more. Our blind cat misses him the most.

Ive been in that position before, that must be really tough for you guys especially if the kids consider the cat as family.I have been in the same position though it was a friend of mine who had no one with him but his cat so he really didn't want to do it so what he did was he made me "adopt" his cat so that i would do the dirty work of putting the cat down. I feel sad for you guys but hey think of the bright side, the cat would be in a better place and atleast there would be less pain at that. just think of all the good memories and maybe in time you guys will find another pet that you will also come to love!

rowen":1ai0c5ym said:
I have been in the same position though it was a friend of mine who had no one with him but his cat so he really didn't want to do it so what he did was he made me "adopt" his cat so that i would do the dirty work of putting the cat down.

That takes a very special kind of friend to do that. Good on you!

Latest posts