Topic Locked: Virginia Tech

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
I guess things got a touch out of hand on this thread... what I started was to be an honest, insightful, educational type of thread.

However, there are always those posters that take things a step further and delve deeply into politics, ethics, racism, and other politically incorrect issues...

Note to Moderator: You have my blessing if you just delete the entire thread...you made your point with the locked topic.

RAB, it was nothing you said.

The whole thing pretty much left me speechless and I was just reading along at the insight of folks here in the forum. Then came the latter posts.

The topic being locked said enough...please don't delete the entire thread...any of it. Personally, and I said PERSONALLY, everyone needs to be able to see what other's think...how other's feel. We may not agree, but I think it's vital to KNOW all sides of all equations...

Again, just my 2 cents.

Alice

warpaint":260k3714 said:
If my response had anything to do with it being locked, I apologize.

You and RAB were not the culprits, IMO. We've all seen threads start innocently enough and then turn ugly in a heartbeat. Especially when dealing with something so emotionally disturbing as this.

VanC":2d8rziti said:
warpaint":2d8rziti said:
If my response had anything to do with it being locked, I apologize.

You and RAB were not the culprits, IMO. We've all seen threads start innocently enough and then turn ugly in a heartbeat. Especially when dealing with something so emotionally disturbing as this.

Yes...it's unfortunate some individuals are unable to discuss a given topic in an objective manner without letting their emotions overrule their analysis and orderly discussion.

Limomike":1w0iq5ik said:
So true.. some people run their lives with their emotions... and not their heads.
Just one more tidbit of information that the news media is calling the WORST school disaster in US history..
which is totally incorrect.
Look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

Interesting that you bring up the subject of other "disasters". The same thing caught my BS meter thinking of the New London, Texas explosion in 1937 that killed over 300. http://www.nlse.org/ This was not an intentional thing but rather an accident. I had forgotten about the Bath School incident.

Typical media hype tho. People are suffering and certainly not in the mood to talk to reporters.

Most of them use the word, worst school shooting, or Campus shootings. They like to keep the words shooting in because then they can make it the worse of something. Even though there has been worse killings, just that bombs were used.

They really want to push the shooting or gun issue of this. This is like Christmas for Gun control lobbyist.

If either side, pro or anti, uses this tragedy for their own political gain, especially at this time when families and friends are still overwhelmed with their grief, I personally will find that unconscionable.

Alice

Alice":1t7e8uvj said:
If either side, pro or anti, uses this tragedy for their own political gain, especially at this time when families and friends are still overwhelmed with their grief, I personally will find that unconscionable.

Alice

Too bad. The gun control freaks have already started.

Keith Olbermann and Chris Mathews, among others, have blamed the Bush Admin. for allowing the Assault Weapons ban to expire, therefore allowing this tragedy to happen. :roll: :roll:

MikeC":9s68609t said:
Alice":9s68609t said:

Alice

Keith Olbermann and Chris Mathews, among others, have blamed the Bush Admin. for allowing the Assault Weapons ban to expire, therefore allowing this tragedy to happen. :roll: :roll:

What about the other side, MikeC? I don't know...I refuse to read about the political aspect right now. Like many others, I am still reeling in the grief and the senselessness.

I've read bios on all of the shooting victims. They were all outstanding human beings...and the thought that the world has been denied their contributions by a lunatic is more than I can fathom.

Let the families and friends work thru this first...it's their grief...and no one should be able to claim it for personal agendas.

Alice

MikeC":18uab6px said:
Alice":18uab6px said:

Alice

To bad the media does not talk about how these famous school shootings all happened in Gun Free zones. I doubt you would see 32 dead at the U.S Military academy at West Point, or the Naval Academy. Not many massacres happen at police stations or a NRA convention.

There is a reason these sickos pick schools, and day cares and the Amish to pick on. No guns to fight back. They can walk around shooting innocent unarmed kids.

aplusmnt":2zb49wji said:
MikeC":2zb49wji said:
Alice":2zb49wji said:

Alice

To bad the media does not talk about how these famous school shootings all happened in Gun Free zones. I doubt you would see 32 dead at the U.S Military academy at West Point, or the Naval Academy. Not many massacres happen at police stations or a NRA convention.

There is a reason these sickos pick schools, and day cares and the Amish to pick on. No guns to fight back. They can walk around shooting innocent unarmed kids.

and, it's too bad that people cannot give families a decent amount of time to grieve before they turn this tragedy into a political agenda, aplusmnt!

I doubt you would see 32 dead at the U.S Military academy at West Point, or the Naval Academy. Not many massacres happen at police stations or a NRA convention.

it only takes one nutcase, a lot of strategic planning, and the element of surprise.

You sound as tho you are almost daring someone to try it!

Alice

Alice":17cpfrnh said:
aplusmnt":17cpfrnh said:
MikeC":17cpfrnh said:

Alice

and, it's too bad that people cannot give families a decent amount of time to grieve before they turn this tragedy into a political agenda, aplusmnt!

I doubt you would see 32 dead at the U.S Military academy at West Point, or the Naval Academy. Not many massacres happen at police stations or a NRA convention.

it only takes one nutcase, a lot of strategic planning, and the element of surprise.

Alice

I liked you better when you were not replying to my post! You made a lot more sense then! :roll:

Alice

I did not start this conversation and I did not set the time frame for working to take away my constitutional liberties. So don't act mightier than thou!

Alice

That is probably about the most stupid, idiotic and flammatory remarks you have ever made on this message board. And you have made a bunch of them!

I gave a logic look at how these mass shootings always happen in gun free zones, and rarely or never happen in places where guns are known to be in the hands of the public.

Sure all it takes is "strategic planning and the element of surprise" but my point is that so far people are not doing this planing or surprising in Gun Friendly places. These sickos search out soft targets that are gun free zones. These are facts! Not what ifs! :x

Alice,

EVeryone is telling me Rosie O was on the pedestal the next a.m. on the View talking about how gun control exists in all other coutries but America and that it just won't happen here no matter "how stupid" it becomes. The other ladies, whoever they are (I never have watched anything Rosie) were trying to get off of the subject. Anyway, yes it has already started. Almost immediately.

"Gun Control" is a subject that gets many of us emotionally charged. Debate on such a subject in this forum could indeed wind up with a whole bunch of ugly responses. Perhaps locking another thread.

There is not much we can do for those families affected except to pray for comfort. The news media throwing camaras in the faces of distraught people is downright sick in my humble opinion. Those people need space and healing. This is not something people "get over".

Senseless killing has got to stop. Be it fertilizer bombs, jet airplanes, guns, knives, automobiles (remember the lady in Houston who ran over her husband). Any suggestion on how to curb our vulnerability is worthy of discussion. Self preservation is a natural instinct.

I agree with everything you've said, BHB...and I'm still of a mind that until these families can come to grips with what happened and can at least bury their dead, NO ONE, pro or con, should begin spouting political agendas and obviously using it for their own gain. It's only common courtesy.

And yes, Rosie does let her butt overload her mouth... :x

Alice

Running Arrow Bill":285dqqaw said:
Aplusmnt (10:38 am post 4.19.07)...

Please chill out... let's not get this thread locked too... ;-)

Don't worry! I have said all I am going to say. No reason to lock it because of me.

What really needs to be looked at is the kinds of drugs these guys that do the mass shootings are taking. Most all of them were on some type "anti_depressant" including this guy at V-Tech. They (the drugs like Prozac) are a danger to people who are not properly diagnosed for them. If someone is depressed... go climb a mountain, ride a bike, get moving.. natural body functions will cause that depression to go away.

Latest posts