Tool Storage

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Today my mechanic told me I drive him crazy when I work on stuff and put the tools back lol His reasoning was I don't clean the tools off with a rag before tossing them in the tool cabinet. I figure hey if it has oil and grease on it they will never rust is my thinking. Does anyone else just toss there tools in the tool box cabinet whatever ? or clean them off each use?

We don't always clean them, but they really should be, when you don't after a while everything you touch is covered in grease.

LOL.. He told me just let him fix the stuff and stay out of the shop he is very maticulous (sp) when it comes to my tools and repairs

I'm with your mechanic 100%. I never put a greasy tool back in my box and expect the same from anyone who uses them. I consider that a rookie move.

lol I only use the shop tool box if somethign comes up while im there other than that i use my personal tools at home. I guess I can't be mad my gpa was anal about his tractors and trucks like that.

I clean everthing before it goes back in the box in the spot it came out of. I wait to clean em all at once when I'm done. :tiphat:

I was taught by my dad and grandpa to take care of my tools and keep everything clean including my work area. They always said it was a reflection of the quality of work you do.

My grandfather kept all his tractors trucks andthat kind of equip very nice in which I do but hand tools I rarely use them.

Latest posts