tool box essentials

Help Support CattleToday:

RentedMule

Reaction score
Thought I would start a post about what tools you find necessary to keep in your tool box or tool kit. Always looking for clever ideas :)

I keep a pair of fencing pliers and heavy gloves in my everyday back and forth to work truck for fencing emergencies.

I always have some zip ties in all my boxes and a pile on the dash of my truck. I've temp patched fence to hold a drive shaft together.

In all my tractor tool boxes I carry fence plires channel locks adjustable wrench hammer straight and Philips screw driver.

Sledge-Hammer-176x300.jpg

I threw in a box knife, thinking I'd never use it much but I actually do. BTW we keep "tool boxes" in each Polaris that are actually water proof ammo boxes. No leaks, ever, and they're sturdy.

Rafter S":olrjxjze said:
I keep a pair of fencing pliers and heavy gloves in my everyday back and forth to work truck for fencing emergencies.

I think everyone should keep fencing pliers with them. serve a lot of different needs

TCRanch":1ttglygb said:
I threw in a box knife, thinking I'd never use it much but I actually do. BTW we keep "tool boxes" in each Polaris that are actually water proof ammo boxes. No leaks, ever, and they're sturdy.
Box knife was added a week ago after having the hardest time with our baler. Had to run into town to get one but does an awesome job cutting net wrap

Jd tractor tool box have a 1/2 9/16 11/16 and 3/4 in them with a hammer vice grips and a crescent wrench and punch zips and odd and end nuts and bolts.

NH has 19 13 12 and 10 along with same misc as other.

Rtv has fence tool box and same assortment

Never realized so many folks had fencing problems. I have a small took kit with a few combination wrenches in it, a crescent wrench, small hammer, pliers, flat and phillips head screwdriver and a box cutter. Probably got a few odd screws, bolts and nails in it as well.

I keep a few tools on everything I own, best one is my cellphone though. I can call my wife and tell her what to bring me.

A set of wrenches. A socket set. Flat and Phillips screw drivers of diffrent sizes and lengths. Channel locks big and little. My little set is probably your normal size set. A small 14" pipe wrench. Wd40 and PB blaster. Rags. Big zip ties. Then there's an assortment of junk tools that have no other home. I have used them all more than once. Don't need a knife cause I carry a pocket knife always. It's amazing to me how many men have stopped doing that.

Craig Miller said:
A set of wrenches. A socket set. Flat and Phillips screw drivers of diffrent sizes and lengths. Channel locks big and little. My little set is probably your normal size set. A small 14" pipe wrench. Wd40 and PB blaster. Rags. Big zip ties. Then there's an assortment of junk tools that have no other home. I have used them all more than once. Don't need a knife cause I carry a pocket knife always. It's amazing to me how many men have stopped doing that.[/quote]
I probably don't open mine once a week but would rather leave my pants at home than be without my pocket knife.

Latest posts