tool box essentials

Help Support CattleToday:

RentedMule

Active member
Joined
Mar 29, 2017
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Location
East Texas
Thought I would start a post about what tools you find necessary to keep in your tool box or tool kit. Always looking for clever ideas :)
 

Rafter S

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 17, 2013
Messages
4,501
Reaction score
233
Location
Grimes County, TX
I keep a pair of fencing pliers and heavy gloves in my everyday back and forth to work truck for fencing emergencies.
 

Smoothy

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 30, 2017
Messages
85
Reaction score
0
I always have some zip ties in all my boxes and a pile on the dash of my truck. I've temp patched fence to hold a drive shaft together.
 

pricefarm

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
1,600
Reaction score
52
Location
Southwest Va
In all my tractor tool boxes I carry fence plires channel locks adjustable wrench hammer straight and Philips screw driver.
 

HDRider

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 25, 2011
Messages
6,608
Reaction score
911
Location
NE Arkansas
Sledge-Hammer-176x300.jpg
 

TCRanch

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 10, 2015
Messages
5,825
Reaction score
1,692
Location
Winfield, KS
I threw in a box knife, thinking I'd never use it much but I actually do. BTW we keep "tool boxes" in each Polaris that are actually water proof ammo boxes. No leaks, ever, and they're sturdy.
 
OP
RentedMule

RentedMule

Active member
Joined
Mar 29, 2017
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Location
East Texas
Rafter S":olrjxjze said:
I keep a pair of fencing pliers and heavy gloves in my everyday back and forth to work truck for fencing emergencies.

I think everyone should keep fencing pliers with them. serve a lot of different needs
 
OP
RentedMule

RentedMule

Active member
Joined
Mar 29, 2017
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Location
East Texas
TCRanch":1ttglygb said:
I threw in a box knife, thinking I'd never use it much but I actually do. BTW we keep "tool boxes" in each Polaris that are actually water proof ammo boxes. No leaks, ever, and they're sturdy.
Box knife was added a week ago after having the hardest time with our baler. Had to run into town to get one but does an awesome job cutting net wrap
 

M-5

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2015
Messages
7,338
Reaction score
6
Location
AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
Jd tractor tool box have a 1/2 9/16 11/16 and 3/4 in them with a hammer vice grips and a crescent wrench and punch zips and odd and end nuts and bolts.

NH has 19 13 12 and 10 along with same misc as other.

Rtv has fence tool box and same assortment
 

TexasBred

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
30,781
Reaction score
283
Location
Heart of Texas
Never realized so many folks had fencing problems. I have a small took kit with a few combination wrenches in it, a crescent wrench, small hammer, pliers, flat and phillips head screwdriver and a box cutter. Probably got a few odd screws, bolts and nails in it as well.
 

Ol' 243

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2016
Messages
738
Reaction score
1
Location
Wedowee, Al
I keep a few tools on everything I own, best one is my cellphone though. I can call my wife and tell her what to bring me.
 

Craig Miller

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 6, 2012
Messages
2,241
Reaction score
7
Location
Nw Alabama
A set of wrenches. A socket set. Flat and Phillips screw drivers of diffrent sizes and lengths. Channel locks big and little. My little set is probably your normal size set. A small 14" pipe wrench. Wd40 and PB blaster. Rags. Big zip ties. Then there's an assortment of junk tools that have no other home. I have used them all more than once. Don't need a knife cause I carry a pocket knife always. It's amazing to me how many men have stopped doing that.
 

TexasBred

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
30,781
Reaction score
283
Location
Heart of Texas
Craig Miller said:
A set of wrenches. A socket set. Flat and Phillips screw drivers of diffrent sizes and lengths. Channel locks big and little. My little set is probably your normal size set. A small 14" pipe wrench. Wd40 and PB blaster. Rags. Big zip ties. Then there's an assortment of junk tools that have no other home. I have used them all more than once. Don't need a knife cause I carry a pocket knife always. It's amazing to me how many men have stopped doing that.[/quote]
I probably don't open mine once a week but would rather leave my pants at home than be without my pocket knife.
 

Latest posts

Top