To steer or not to steer

Help Support CattleToday:

ffamom

Reaction score
What do you think about this Brangus bull calf? He could become a county steer project or we could grow him out for a bull. He is a February 08 and is sired by Blanda of Brinks.

129-2Brangus.JPG

i think id grow that son of a gun out as a bull.he is a nice looking bull.an from the looks of him he will make a herd bull.

ffamom...he's a pretty classy looking guy. Keep an eye on him a few more months and see how he progresses.

Thank you for the comments.

If the tape method is correct, he is a little shy of 420 lbs. I measured him when I wormed him last weekend. My husband wants to steer everything, and I wouldn't let him steer this one. I have always liked the calfs conformation and his quiet disposition.

He will get to stay a bull for at least a couple more months.

Always the contrarian

my operating philosophy is that the world would be a better place is there were a lot more geldings steers and eunochs generally.

I did not see the photo

In the animal kingdom it is my belief that an animals needs to earn the right to reproduce especially the males. If only I could make it so in the homo sapiens.

pdfangus":2wuq9lzm said:
Always the contrarian

my operating philosophy is that the world would be a better place is there were a lot more geldings steers and eunochs generally.

I did not see the photo

In the animal kingdom it is my belief that an animals needs to earn the right to reproduce especially the males. If only I could make it so in the homo sapiens.

hehehehe....then what would we do with this sophisticated nationwide welfare system we've developed....it might not have any clients. eunochs huh?? I know a couple of folks that would be prime candidates.

While I'm not really up on standards for brangus, I'm afraid I would have to go against keeping him as a herdsire.

He's real weak in heart and flank. Has a too feminine head, and falls off from hooks to pins.

JMO.

Good luck with him whatever you decide.

warpaint":s7quds88 said:
While I'm not really up on standards for brangus, I'm afraid I would have to go against keeping him as a herdsire.

He's real weak in heart and flank. Has a too feminine head, and falls off from hooks to pins.

JMO.

Good luck with him whatever you decide.

Agree; although I can not see his rear end.

Isn't 5 months a little young to say a bull calf is to feminine?
I's say give him a few more months.

Latest posts