Tires

Help Support CattleToday:

Wewild

Reaction score
What kinda tires do you run on your truck?

Coming home tonight I saw a hobiest with a small JD stuck with his Chevy backed up to it ... so I went on. When I came back it was still there with the truck backed up to it with obvious sign that they had made an attempt to get it out.

Pulled in an ask if I might could help. He said "if your superman".

I replied I had better tires than him and he said come on.

It was a simple pull. Broke traction for a second and pulled him out.

I'm not superman but it's hard to beat a buckshot mudder.

He seemed pleased he was through with the problem.

PS. Forgot we'd just had a gully washer.

I got stuck yesterday to. Used the good truck to go get some oats out of a shed at the farm and pulled down into a little dip and it was useless. I couldnt jump the truck over the little hump even in 4lo.

I walked back to town and got my old farm truck ( paid for and runs but not great,typical for a mechanic) drove out hooked up and pulled the 03 out and didnt even spin a tire. Its all about tires and traction.

I have savero mud tires on the old 84f150. My preferance is B.F. goodrich but they are a little more expensive and the truck doesnt get driven enough to justify the added expense. JHH

I'll run what ever someone else takes off new and sells for $25 each. Prefer something with an aggresive tread.

On the farm trucks I use a tire that has Mud King Steel Radial wrote on the side. I was told it is a generic made by BFG. Don't know.

cfpinz

I use an off brand, don;t recall the name, that's made in yugoslovia. Aggressive tread, 8 ply rated steel belted. While the traction pasrt is important, the most important part is being empervious to stone/rock damage. Most of the roads around here are gravel or rock and stone punctures are the most prevelant problem.

dun

Currently have Uniroyal Laredo AT 265/75/r16 on the Toyota. Dad has started using them on his 3/4 ton Chevy and likes them. They're alot cheaper than fancier brand tires I used to have and they hold up just as well. If the ground gets too wet for these I use the Mule or a tractor. Haven't had that problem in a looong time. :(

Latest posts