Timing spraying

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
A friend of mine, that has been out of the city for a year now, told me that you have to wait 3 days after a rain to spray. Plants can;t ake it up otherwise. He got this pearl of wisdom off of the web.. Anyone else every hear this?

i dont think that is true. i have sprayed in between rains back in oldern times when it used to rain. i suppose the plant and chemical could make a difference though, possibly.

Beefy":2ipfjrcl said:
i dont think that is true. i have sprayed in between rains back in oldern times when it used to rain. i suppose the plant and chemical could make a difference though, possibly.

Just curious because I prefer spraying after a rain. The dust has been washed off the leaves and it seems like I get a better kill.

I like to spray herbicides as soon as the leaves dry after a rain. Especially after a long periods of drought.

Seems like I get a better burn.

i like to spray roundup before a rain. i have sprayed stuff with roundup and it looked like it didnt get sprayed for weeks and then a rain will come along and it will look sickly the next day.

dun":qajhy3ck said:
A friend of mine, that has been out of the city for a year now, told me that you have to wait 3 days after a rain to spray. Plants can;t ake it up otherwise. He got this pearl of wisdom off of the web.. Anyone else every hear this?

No. I've sprayed right after a rain storm, and got a very good kill rate.

Before a rain make sure your done in the rainfast time period. I know this doesn't always work but it should be followed. After a rain you need to make sure the plant is dry so the chemical will be absorbed and not evaporate with the rain water. Same holds true with heavy dews.These are the basic guidelines. Sometimes things work even when they're not suppose to.

Latest posts