Times have changed

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I remember seeking excitement in my youth. Hiking on the Appalachian Trail, going to the beach and even thought about going on a cruise to some exotic place but never would I have ever dreamed of going to North Korea on a vacation like Otto Warmbler did. Sadly, it looks like he got more than he bargained for and his trip will be extended 15 years for stealing a political poster.

I was studying this picture of him sporting a t-shirt advertising dope pipes while attending a climate change rally and wondered if he will still think climate change is all that important after he has served his time.

600399_1298287143531924_3441172630629755625_n.jpg

It is sad, but it's not the first time a kid went to a foreign county without realizing laws are different and their government can't protect them. He'll be there for a few years and do some very hard time and after a few years become a bargaining chip. The freedom you have in America is not the same in many countries.

Some people are slow learners. I was taught how to behave at home as a child. But I was also taught how to behave even better when I was AWAY from home. Guess he missed out on that but he will be a better boy when he gets out. Stiff penalty, but what an idiot.

15 years is a stiff penalty for stealing a poster isn't it. I wonder if it didn't have Kim's face on it. He is like a god to them and that would surely make it a stiff penalty. With all the neat places to go why in the world would you choose N. Korea!?

Jogeephus":30dh7l12 said:
15 years is a stiff penalty for stealing a poster isn't it. I wonder if it didn't have Kim's face on it. He is like a god to them and that would surely make it a stiff penalty. With all the neat places to go why in the world would you choose N. Korea!?
He failed the IQ test more than once even graded on the curve.
Makes you wonder what his home environment was like growing up.

Jogeephus":2rebzh8l said:

That's easy Jo! To make a difference! To right the wrongs! To show the world that he is a unique, individual, snowflake! In a nutshell, plain ignorance of how the rest of the world functions.

Jogeephus":cl58c0a9 said:
When he was first arrested he said he did it on a dare. You can;t fix stupid

He was supposedly with a tour group. Pitiful, he is/was a student at UVA :roll: :roll: . Allegedly took it on a bet, if he succeeded he wo receive a used car. That was what was reported on our local radio station yesterday.

Workinonit Farm":129dr5jq said:
He was supposedly with a tour group. Pitiful, he is/was a student at UVA :roll: :roll: . Allegedly took it on a bet, if he succeeded he wo receive a used car. That was what was reported on our local radio station yesterday.

Interesting. Hadn't heard that but if that's the case then they must have been well aware of the risk involved. That car isn't going to be worth squat in 15 years and I doubt the N. Koreans let their offenders out after only serving a third of their sentence.

I still can't get over anyone wanting to go to N. Korea.

True Grit Farms":2vgp4ybx said:
They should cut his hands off at the least. I have no pity for a thief, hand em high and let them swing.

I can guarantee you one thing, if I ever go to Saudi Arabia I'm not going to steal nothing and I'm not going to drink and drive.

Jogeephus":10n090w5 said:

For the beaches and bikinis.

john250":5otdmwv6 said:
Jogeephus":5otdmwv6 said:

For the beaches and bikinis.

Bet he tries Miami next time :deadhorse:

[quo.

I still can't get over anyone wanting to go to N. Korea.[/quote]

I'll say this JO I spent 14 months on the DMZ looking over into north korea and did not see one dam thing that would make want to go there.

Calman":o96oonts said:
[quo.

I'll say this JO I spent 14 months on the DMZ looking over into north korea and did not see one dam thing that would make want to go there.[/quote]

My youngest son is convinced Korea is were the worlds septic tank is located after a year
there.

Calman":2o8nmk6a said:
[quo.

I'll say this JO I spent 14 months on the DMZ looking over into north korea and did not see one dam thing that would make want to go there.[/quote]

I went to Puson and Seoul, I didn't see a whole lot that would make me want to go to South Korea..

What a bunch of ingrates. The gov is good enough to give you an all expense paid vacation out of the country and you complain. You would probably kick if you were hung with a new rope.

Yep. There goes that entitlement attitude once again. Free trips to exciting destinations and people still can't be happy. I heard Korea has very pleasant weather with no mosquitoes during the fall and winter months. :lol2: