Timed AI question

Help Support CattleToday:

Cbeck01

Reaction score
I have my cattle on a TAI, I pulled the cidrs on Monday evening and gave lutalyse. I was hoping my cattle would come in heat tomorrow, but I noticed around noon today that one of my cows heat patches had been rubbed, but only on the crest of the patch. I checked them again around 6 tonight and noticed the whole patch was rubbed completely off. The problem is my semen shipment won't be here until tomorrow morn. Do you guys think she'll still be in heat around 9 am tomorrow?
Thanks!

If they are in heat in the PM I always breed in the AM. Our herd is 100% AI and I've bred this way for 40 years with good results. You will have the occasional one that you will have to change up on. When that happens I breed when I first observe them and then 24 hours later. That will settle them around 75% of the time.

We usually always have one that comes in heat 12 or more hours before the rest. We just get bred the night before the rest and the tech comes and finishes the rest the next day according to the protocol. Genex Beef actually just did a live video on Facebook the other day on AI breeding and there was some good info. They posted it so people could go back and check it out.

Latest posts