Time to Sell.

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowderfarms

Reaction score
I'm not bragging, but we hauled off a bunch of Bull Calves, and a couple of Cows (Culls) to the sale barn. They sold today, and it has to be the best check I've ever gotten in the last 6 months. Guess all the hard work pays off in the end.When prices are like they are right now, makes you think back at the times when Cattle hardly brought anything, and be thankful.

Now it's time to buy a few more head of Cows.BTW, that Hereford we put to work about a year and a half ago, had a heck of a lot to do with the calf crop this year.He's earned his keep.

Good for you, Crowder. :D

Steers (they got to be 18 months old now) at home are also due to be shipped out and sold, probably they'll go out in less than a month. Might get some good prices on them! ;-)

Can't wait to get and see some new calves.
:D

Hey neighbor, Which salebarn did you use? We had awful good luck at Dickson last Tuesday. You make me wonder if we could have done better somewhere else?

Cuz

CUZ":1ssow02s said:
Hey neighbor, Which salebarn did you use? We had awful good luck at Dickson last Tuesday. You make me wonder if we could have done better somewhere else?

Cuz
You cant beat Dickson, just a little too far a haul for me. We sold at Tennessee/Kentucky Livestock Market.

Crowderfarms":1w197a9g said:
I'm not bragging, but we hauled off a bunch of Bull Calves, and a couple of Cows (Culls) to the sale barn. They sold today, and it has to be the best check I've ever gotten in the last 6 months. Guess all the hard work pays off in the end.When prices are like they are right now, makes you think back at the times when Cattle hardly brought anything, and be thankful.

Crowder, I hope that holds true for me in a couple of weeks. All of the steer calves will be going to auction. How many heifer calves I need to send the next week will be determined by how well the steers do. Fingers crossed.

Dang Crowder, congratulations on your success. Guess that bull turned out to be an excellent buy for you.

I am thinking it is about to get right for buying. I'd like to add about 10 head of good cows. It would be nice to pick out some brangus or else some charlais brahma crosses to go with my brangus bull. I'll probably frequent some sale barns just to get the feel of prices and what's available. I may or may not find something I am looking for. I'll have to remember to keep my trigger finger on safety :lol:

Most of my calves were Char X, Angus X, and Beefmaster X's.All sired by our Hereford bull.He's made all the difference in the quality of our calf crop.I've been ridiculed by a lot of fellers around here for running a Hereford,and NOT an Angus but they'll be eatin' crow when they see the breakdown of what they brought. :lol:

Latest posts