Time to Purchase Propane

Help Support CattleToday:

I've been thinking we need get some as well. Before that's the next shortage or sky high price item. Go on add ours on with yours you shouldn't even notice. 😉🤡😝

We don't get to pick different suppliers here. They have areas marked like gangs they don't across out their area either. Not sure what's up with that if somebody kicks the others butt or what. Kind of weird. We are by 4 different companies but have to order from 3 countries over than ends up bring out the one close. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Can't order from that one doe. Guess we could always buy our own truck and do what we want. 😆🤡

Are you on a level payment plan? How much per gallon down there?
I honestly have no idea how much per gallon. Around here, if you lock into the annual "plan" & pay a flat rate per month, you get credit if the price per gallon goes down - but don't have to pay more if it goes up (same way with buying cubes at the CoOp).

We don't get to pick different suppliers here. They have areas marked like gangs they don't across out their area either. Not sure what's up with that if somebody kicks the others butt or what. Kind of weird. We are by 4 different companies but have to order from 3 countries over than ends up bring out the one close. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Can't order from that one doe. Guess we could always buy our own truck and do what we want. 😆🤡
I feel your pain. There are 3 different utility companies that service the ranch, which is ridiculous.

Damn, I paid Holston Gases $2.299, for my yearly fillup, back in May,and I own my tanks!
I didn't check prices this year,(got 2 other local companies) but when I have in the past, they are usually cheaper.

I just talked to a friend about his propane purchases/usage. He said the price of propane has been up over last year because we have been shipping propane to China. Those shipment have stopped and so the price should actually be coming down. Who knows? Everything has a risk.

In July (as in my OP) cost was $1.72 when I had the tank filled. Three weeks later another propane co. who I never knew traveled north this far had an ad the the paper for $1.49. May have been a promotion to get new customers, but it's quite a price break. I just called to see what today's price is...... $2.00 a gallon.

I called my two local suppliers last week for LP contract for this winter. $1.69 prepay or $1.74 for pay as they deliver. 2nd option was $1.59 prepay. I told supplier to send contract for the $1.59 but have not received it yet. we contracted last winter for $.99

Latest posts