Tics

Help Support CattleToday:

Ivomec wormer is what I use. There is an all natural garlic herb supplement called Bug Off. Jury is still out.

Do you mean "Ticks"?

If so, we use Permethrin II in pump and/or hose-end sprayer for around house yard, dog pen. Also use it in pump sprayer to spray cattle for flies and other swarming things. It is good for flies, bugs, ticks, fleas, etc.

Use "Endure" for our horse's flies. It has a 14 day residual.

Safe??? Hasn't injured or killed anything here yet with 2 or 4 legs...lol.

Both Permethrin II and Endure will cost about $15-20 a quart bottle, depending on where you buy it. Lasts quite a while.

For our twice yearly worm control for cattle we use injectible Ivomec (or other brand name of Ivermectin). The sprays I mentioned above are strictly for "contact kill" of flying and crawling insects, not internal parasites.

ticks, tics. whichever. been a long day. yeah, i'm talking the external ones. pulled 3 off of one horse yesterday from same spot. none on any of the other horses. :roll: will have to look into the ivomec you and scotty suggested. will be hitting the feed store thurs anyway. :p thanks

We use ivomec injectable. 1 cc per hundredweight orally. The vet suggests Eqvalan, which is also ivermectin, same dosage. We bought a yearling colt that was infested with them, you couldn't work with him and not get a few yourself. Asked the vet, and he said Eqvalan. Worked great, took about 2 days, and he didn't have anything left on him.

I wonder if you could use that spot tick stuff you use on a dog. It just drops on the neck down the spine. ??

Otherwise, GUINEAS! They eat everything! Especially ticks! :)

RebelCritter":36orhiu6 said:
I wonder if you could use that spot tick stuff you use on a dog. It just drops on the neck down the spine. ??

oh, i can just see her reaction to that. :shock: don't think that pipe fence would hold her. :p

RebelCritter":14z6wtpe said:

Product called Equi-Spot. Lasts 4-6 weeks.

Scotty":ald958pv said:
RebelCritter":ald958pv said:

Product called Equi-Spot. Lasts 4-6 weeks.

Scotty, isn't that also supposed to work for flies and mosquitos? Does it really work?

Seems to be working on the one horse I am using it on.(test) Flies still a problem.

Running Arrow Bill":2yptsckz said:
Do you mean "Ticks"?

If so, we use Permethrin II in pump and/or hose-end sprayer for around house yard, dog pen. Also use it in pump sprayer to spray cattle for flies and other swarming things. It is good for flies, bugs, ticks, fleas, etc.

Use "Endure" for our horse's flies. It has a 14 day residual.

Safe??? Hasn't injured or killed anything here yet with 2 or 4 legs...lol.

Both Permethrin II and Endure will cost about $15-20 a quart bottle, depending on where you buy it. Lasts quite a while.

For our twice yearly worm control for cattle we use injectible Ivomec (or other brand name of Ivermectin). The sprays I mentioned above are strictly for "contact kill" of flying and crawling insects, not internal parasites.

RAB,

Is the Permethrin II the 10% and if so what is the mixture rate? Lost the info in the move.

Thanks

Chris

Latest posts