ticks

Help Support CattleToday:

lancemart

Reaction score
I found a tick very close to my bulls eye. He will not let me pull it off. Will the cattle rub kill ticks also?

It probally won't kill it before the tick drops off on its own. If its bothering the bull, he will rub it off on something. Most people don't put face flaps on their rubs, I do as I think it helps.

Bama":19nld2mw said:
It probally won't kill it before the tick drops off on its own. If its bothering the bull, he will rub it off on something. Most people don't put face flaps on their rubs, I do as I think it helps.
In my opinion, a Rub without "Face Flyps" is a waste of time. The Rayon wicks, carry the pesticide/diesel mix, so they drag down the cows side and face,as well as the back.

Crowderfarms":2ljs3aii said:
Bama":2ljs3aii said:
In my opinion, a Rub without "Face Flyps" is a waste of time. The Rayon wicks, carry the pesticide/diesel mix, so they drag down the cows side and face,as well as the back.
I do have face flaps on my rubs and they have been using them.
I use I gal of diesel and 16 oz of permethrin pour on

lancemart":gr9s3g5q said:
Crowderfarms":gr9s3g5q said:
Bama":gr9s3g5q said:
Lancemart, How can you even get a Rub damp with 1 gal. of Diesel.Why don't you try using a Permethrin Concentrate, and mix it with you Diesel? My Rubs take almost 5 gallons of diesel.Don't waste your $ on premixed ready to use junk. Mix it yourself and save some money. You can have baby pictures made with Olivia with the money you'll save.

Crowderfarms":3i9svm1k said:
lancemart":3i9svm1k said:
Crowderfarms":3i9svm1k said:
Bama":3i9svm1k said:
Lancemart, How can you even get a Rub damp with 1 gal. of Diesel.Why don't you try using a Permethrin Concentrate, and mix it with you Diesel? My Rubs take almost 5 gallons of diesel.Don't waste your $ on premixed ready to use junk. Mix it yourself and save some money. You can have baby pictures made with Olivia with the money you'll save.

Crowderfarms":2zwaqugh said:
lancemart":2zwaqugh said:
Crowderfarms":2zwaqugh said:
Bama":2zwaqugh said:
Maybe I should be a little more specific. That is the formula that I used. I put about 4 gallons of diesel on each rub. Also, this is my first time raising cattle and there are not many people to talk to in Rhode Island. I could not even find the rubs at my llocal feed store. I had to explain to them and show them what I wanted. What kind of insecticide do you use, and can you be specific on the name, because I ordere several and the wrong product comes in.
thanks
lancemart

Go to http://WWW.Jefferslivestock.com Or Valleyvet.com. Look up 40% Permethrin. Make sure it's a Concentrate. It'll run you about 20.00 for 4 ounces, but it will go a long way. We sell a Goldstar brand. Mix it with your Diesel. Too bad you've had such a hassle getting supplies up there. I can imagine it's frustrating.

Crowderfarms":32hukwk2 said:
Go to http://WWW.Jefferslivestock.com Or Valleyvet.com. Look up 40% Permethrin. Make sure it's a Concentrate. It'll run you about 20.00 for 4 ounces, but it will go a long way. We sell a Goldstar brand. Mix it with your Diesel. Too bad you've had such a hassle getting supplies up there. I can imagine it's frustrating.
I ordered Goldstar
Thank you for the info.

Latest posts