Thumping Sounds

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
That is my head hitting the wall.
Son got an Ipod for Christmas and wanted to get songs on it.
I went to the Apple web site and started down loading the iTunes program. Since I have dial up it would take over 6 hours to download.
With just an hour left to get the program installed, he accidently pulled the power cord for the computor out and killed everything.

Yes I have a bottle chilling in the frig and will be drinking some tonight.

Yes I am getting the paperwork to get sattelite internet.

I luv herfrds":3kqlk1fe said:
I went to the Apple web site and started down loading the iTunes program. Since I have dial up it would take over 6 hours to download.
With just an hour left to get the program installed, he accidently pulled the power cord for the computor out and killed everything.

I had dial up for a couple years before Wireless Broadband became available. I understand your frustration too well. You will hate the price, but you will sell a cow before you give up a faster connection.

My ex wife got an IPod for Christmas, but she needs a new computer before she can download anything. Her work computer has too many firewalls. That makes an expensive deal.

Down load songs..... To think when I was younger, I'd hurry up and press record on the casset player when a song I liked was on the radio and hoped the DJ wouldn't start talking before it was over.

Grandma got the grandkids one of those things-- and since I'd never even heard of them I was asking what they were....She explained they are the in thing music box's- "just like the transisitor radios were the hot item of our day" ;-) .....

She hooked one into my office computer to load up- and it completely shut my computer down-- I had to reboot everything up.....But it works fine on the kids computer....

I luv herfrds":3aw3pebw said:

Same thing here ILH. I've taken to running the download at night cause it takes so long. Got my daughters done and need to do mine too. Yep, lots of head thumping here too! :roll:

Just wait until he wants to download a tv show or movie! :shock:

the head thumping is why i got sat dish internet last month.but a word to the wise even with highspeed you can get knocked back to dialup speed if you download to much.been there done that here.so only download tween 2am an 5am cent time every morning.so check an see if they knock you back for downloading to much.

The origianal download is long, but each song takes for ever too!
I got my ipod last year, dad got highspeed almost imediatly afterwards. Those first two weeks before we got rid of dial up were hard.

i had the old version of iTunes. but for my new iPod i have to upgrade my iTunes. its at 15% and its only been goin for 20 mins now. im praying that its not goin to take 6 hours. :shock:

Just a sideline here. ATT in their effirt to collect the baby bells back agreed to supply a "naked line" or DSL without a voice line. For those that have no home phone DSL can be had for just a few dollars more than the bundled price. The son pays 23.95 for 1.5 meg and the 3 meg is just 28.99 a month. It works for him as he relies on his cell and has no home phone.