Three words....

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
I love cattle! :heart: :D :D :D

I was out checking the cattle this morning, and it never fails to bring a grin to my face when I see a herd of 70+ cattle come walking up to me who's walking up to them to greet me.

And me, I always greet them with a cheerful, "Hey boys, how y'doin?"

Then I get completely surrounded by them, and they're sniffin' an lickin' at me, probably wondering if I brought any treats. ;-)

Ever felt the underside of a bovine's tongue before, especially when they're trying to "eat" the sleeve of your jacket? ;-) :lol: And one would get close enough so's we'd be nose-to-nose sniffin' at each other, and I'd sneak my hand around and scratch him under the chin.

Hey, don't worry 'bout me gettin' hurt, I'm always watching for body language that goes prior to a head-bunt. And I know what to look for if I see it coming: just a little twist to the ear does the trick. ;-) Besides, they know I'm The Boss.

And after spending about ten minutes with them, I go my way to check the pasture and they go their's. Sometimes though if I only spend a little time with them, say only a couple minutes, I can have a whole herd of 74 cattle follow me around like a huge pack of obedient puppy dogs.

Yep, something like that ALWAYS makes my day, no matter what! :D

oookkk so those are my new 3 words too. i got over my whole ordeal. so sue me. lets just say i actually had "fun" workin the heifers the other day. cattle have there ways. sometimes good, sometimes bad. in the end they'll always have my heart.

kjones":v3vdxdso said:
I do too. medium rare hot off the barbecue! :nod:

Thats just ridiculous and totally uncalled for. They should be let to cool off a little first. Havent you heard; cattle can be dangerous! :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry. I guess your right. A person could scorch their mouth if it's directly off the grill. But then that would be a good reason to have in ice cold beer handy. ;-) ;-) :banana:

kjones":1bdjknnx said:
I'm sorry. I guess your right. A person could scorch their mouth if it's directly off the grill. But then that would be a good reason to have in ice cold beer handy. ;-) ;-) :banana:

Yes, for medicinaly purposes only of course. Should probably take a few swigs between bites as well for preventive purposes. You can never be to safe around cattle.

Latest posts