Three interesting articles

Help Support CattleToday:

Those are interesting articles, but no big surprise! Country to country, many "patents" are not recognized or respected. One of my brothers is in the manufacturing business here in the USA, and also does quite a bit of work in China (he's there now, for 6 weeks or so, as he is several times a year). USA patents have no standing over there. It is a constant hassle for him, with some work being done in the USA and some in China, to monitor quality control in China for USA-patented items and for USA distribution. And any USA product design he is working with in China can be hi-jacked there with no consequence whatsoever.

He didn't start out wanting to do business in China. He went there 8-10 yrs. ago to find out why in the he77 his USA work was leaving to China. He found a strong work ethic over there (that doesn't mean "strong business ethics"); workers happy to have a job with long hours and no clue about unions and negotiating, etc. Much of the housing is gov't funded, health care is guaranteed, as is primary education, with college educations encouraged. China welcomes American business partnerships. And China has money. Trillions in surplus, while the USA is trillions in debt.

No, I've never had Kobe beef.

I didn't read the article yet, but have any of you seen the "Shirple" permanent marker (felt tip black marker). They are made in China. Even at close glance, they look exactly like our "Sharpie" markers. The cursive font is identical, but the Chinese make the cursive letter "i" to look like an "a", and the "L" to look like an "i". Patent infringment and deception at its finest. Look close when you buy, if you care.

john250":6r9aila0 said:
Next you are going to tell me this Rolex I ordered from Shanghai isn't genuine.

Kobe beef was featured at the White House inaugural dinner. How about that.

I'm sure OUR Rolex's are genuine. At $300 a battery, they have to be.

I'm getting the impression some of the marketers are painting themselves into a corner and maybe the USDA had it right from the start with their simple but straight forward grading system. Can't wait till we see how they decide to market stuff in the future.

jap beef in the white hous eaint no surprise..what would be a surprise is if it was grown in the usa..they dont care bout us out here...obviously