Threads that disappear?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Grit Farms

Reaction score
Seems like the threads with the most traffic disappear quite frequently here. I would think that's counter productive for attracting advertiser's on this site. I don't have a clue how this kind of Internet advertising stuff works, but shouldn't more traffic equal more exposure for those companies that pay for advertising on here?

I suspect it is a balance. If the forum is to attract a broad audience of users, the owner would not relish having Users who advocate extreme views that make participation here an uncomfortable experience.

In over 15 years that I have been here I have seen slow times and times with lots of traffic. This has got to be the slowest I have ever seen it. It appears to be drying up.

Dave said:
In over 15 years that I have been here I have seen slow times and times with lots of traffic. This has got to be the slowest I have ever seen it. It appears to be drying up.

I've only been here 8 years and compared to the "Heyday" of Massey 135 and Sir Loin you might be right. But is that the kind of nonsense we really want?

It's getting down to being a three way circle jerk around here most of the time. The knowledgeable people have left for the new forum.

True Grit Farms said:
Seems like the threads with the most traffic disappear quite frequently here. I would think that's counter productive for attracting advertiser's on this site. I don't have a clue how this kind of Internet advertising stuff works, but shouldn't more traffic equal more exposure for those companies that pay for advertising on here?

That thread had several complaints about the doxxing by people that had never threw one.
And as usual your attempt to stir crap for attention like this thread.
To save you the trouble of searching
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doxing

Mod2 said:
True Grit Farms said:

That thread had several complaints about the doxxing by people that had never threw one.

Doxing is definitely a new word for me, but I won't add it to my limited vocabulary. Respect and doxing seem go hand in hand. I'm not one of the one's who opened the can of worms on here and chased or banned some of the more knowledgeable posters off.

Dave said:
There's a reason for it.
Treating symptoms instead of the disease is almost always counter productive.

Bright Raven said:
I suspect it is a balance. If the forum is to attract a broad audience of users, the owner would not relish having Users who advocate extreme views that make participation here an uncomfortable experience.

Do you not think that some still here have extreme views. Telling other fellow association members that they don't rank up there high in the breed and don't deserve an opinion. Don't you think that's extreme?

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Dave said:

I've only been here 8 years and compared to the "Heyday" of Massey 135 and Sir Loin you might be right. But is that the kind of nonsense we really want?

I was here in the heyday you reference and the names have changed but the BS is even worse.

True Grit Farms said:
Mod2 said:
True Grit Farms said:

Doxing is definitely a new word for me, but I won't add it to my limited vocabulary. Respect and doxing seem go hand in hand. I'm not one of the one's who opened the can of worms on here and chased or banned some of the more knowledgeable posters off.

That's an opinion! Not one shared by my inbox. I got complaints on that thread by people that have never complained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts