thoughts on this feller(pic)

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef

Reaction score
redeyeandwalhbash.jpg

He is a steer. Just wanting some "professional" opinions

Good looking steer cert. Well muscled rear and straight topline. Who is he sired by. Not a Jasper calf is he.

Caustic Burno":1isv7m8h said:
Nice looking calf is he one of those good Braxton's? ;-)

Hey Caustic, good to see ya back online.

Not a Braxton, sorry. :roll: But to some folks "in the know" his sire's pedigree may ba a bit shady.

Nice looking critter, would like to see a view from the back. But he does look good.

whatabull":tpjqhhog said:
Nice looking critter, would like to see a view from the back. But he does look good.

He lacks some lower quarter when you see him from the back. The girl that bought him showed him a good bit on the winter circuit and took hin to the jr national show. He did real well for her. Reserve over all here in ohio and bout the middle of his class at the nationals. I was pleased.

His mamma only has bull calves. Last year, finally had a heifer and we lost her in the mess with the oil well deal. :(

She is a Harlodson's Raider. His sire is a double bred Buckshot polled bull that we raised and used till we bought the horned bull.

Cert, what are the bloodlines of the Buckshot bull? Would he happen to be related to the cow that I have that was sired by JTJ Buckshot 7B? 7B's sire was SSF Buckeye, registration #P23264167. His dam was JJJ Stylish Lady 445M 8W. My Hudson bull was 7B's maternal grandson.

Cert, I think when you were down to Virginia, I think you told me about this cow before. I know you told me that you really like the Haroldson's Raider daughters a lot. Nice looking cow/calf pair. :cboy:

Hill Creek Farm":3gwtu5b1 said:
Cert, I think when you were down to Virginia, I think you told me about this cow before. I know you told me that you really like the Haroldson's Raider daughters a lot. Nice looking cow/calf pair. :cboy:

Yes Sir, I sure did. She has earned her keep here. Just have to walk softly when she calves. She is a protective mamma.

Well Thomas, looks like I screwed up the pedigree on the sire of the calf.

His mamma is double bred buckshot who goes back to 38 special.
sire is the GK Fed EX 500Z bull. Who is is a Kilmorle Deliverance son.
Not a pedigree I would brag about, but I used him for 6 years. Never failed me. And had a temperment that would put a kitten to shame. Born and raised here. Probably another one of those that should have been made a steer when we were offered cash, but we decided to keep him intact. The red blazed faced simmy heifer I posted is also out of him. Only have 2 herfs and that simmy heifer in the herd.
Here is a bad picture of him as a calf. Won his class at the Ohio State fair that year...beat JJD, hehe.
jasper.jpg

jasper1.jpg

I know it is against the rules but, there was some sentimental value to this feller. I found my engagement ring tied in the 2 inches of hair on his top line on christmas eve. It was hard to ship him. Replaced him with just as big a baby with the horned bull I have now.

Latest posts