Thought I'll Share

Help Support CattleToday:

76 Bar, That's Dave. Was told he's part Australian Shepherd, miniature aussie, and Australian Cattle Dog. He's about 50 lbs. Always wants to get in the pic. He watches my back and doesn't let the cows get too close. He'll snip at them and drive them some, but he doesn't like barking or growling at them and sometimes he needs too. He does better with encouragement. He'll bark his head off riding the atv. Pretty sure he could ride it all day and night, he loves it.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":3dzvmrc5 said:
What little we can see of "Dave", he has a typical Cattle Dog (Heeler) head, ears & traditional brown dots above eyes. I have owned a Blue Heeler for 49 years.

Dang. I bet he's a grey heeler by now :hide:

Jeanne - Simme Valley":38y5c8vk said:
Definitely more Aussie Shepherd "look" to him, but has the upright perky heeler ears.

I've heard the Australian Shepherd/Australian Cattle Dog cross referred to as a Texas Heeler. Should be a good combination of traits and highly intelligent. I like the way Dave looks irregardless. Very attentive.

FlyingLSimmentals":23hbsjam said:
A Pic of Dave
Sharp looking rascal. Impossible to determine breed composition on phenotype alone and sans accurate genetic history. That said, he could easily pass for a McNab and/or a Kelpie X.