This year's steers.

Help Support CattleToday:

sim.-ang.king

Reaction score
Here's this years steers. Both born at the end of march, A1 from a 1/8 Chi- Angus cow, A02 from a Lim-Ang cow, and both out of a PB sim bull. A02's mom died when he was 3 months, and he started stealing off of A1's mom, but she didn't care, and ended up raising both of them to 6.5 months. Getting weighed in on Feb. 8th. They are both going to be growers, and I hope they don't finish to soon before July 25th when they main show is. Tell me what you think.

A1 afar.
plowing+007.JPG

A02 and another feeder steer.
plowing+008.JPG

A02
plowing+009.JPG

Behind
plowing+010.JPG

A1
plowing+011.JPG

angle shot
plowing+012.JPG

As of right now I like A02 better, but time will tell.

Our weigh in is Feb 8th also, but our kill date is the end of June. We are raising two this year also, but one is a December (yearling now) and one is a June. They were both cut for a reason, the December weighs around 950, and the June weights around 950! Too small and too big! But, they will taste great!
Your steers look good, would you say they are 750 ish? My kids are looking forward to it, they are ready to get started.
Here is a pic of them taken in early December, the front steer with less white is the June and the one behind him with more white is the December. They are both purebred Simmental steers. Right now they are eating 50 pounds of creep a day, with hay.
IMG_2012.JPG

Fire Sweep Ranch":pgn9vy23 said:
Our weigh in is Feb 8th also, but our kill date is the end of June. We are raising two this year also, but one is a December (yearling now) and one is a June. They were both cut for a reason, the December weighs around 950, and the June weights around 950! Too small and too big! But, they will taste great!
Your steers look good, would you say they are 750 ish? My kids are looking forward to it, they are ready to get started.
Here is a pic of them taken in early December, the front steer with less white is the June and the one behind him with more white is the December. They are both purebred Simmental steers. Right now they are eating 50 pounds of creep a day, with hay.
IMG_2012.JPG

My weight guesses are usually a 100 pounds less, I was never very good at guessing weight, and that's why I don't work at the carnivals, :lol2: but I would say 750-800 wouldn't be a bad guess.

Those are some good looking steers. That June one looks like a grower, and shouldn't be to far behind. Just keep the feed coming, and they will do good.

If anyone else has pics of their steers for this year, go a head and share.

sim.-ang.king":1z51r8kk said:
Here's this years steers. Both born at the end of march, A1 from a 1/8 Chi- Angus cow, A02 from a Lim-Ang cow, and both out of a PB sim bull. A02's mom died when he was 3 months, and he started stealing off of A1's mom, but she didn't care, and ended up raising both of them to 6.5 months. Getting weighed in on Feb. 8th. They are both going to be growers, and I hope they don't finish to soon before July 25th when they main show is. Tell me what you think. If you grow them another 30 days and then push them I surely would'nt think they will get overdone. Look like good growthy steers to me.

A1 afar.
plowing+007.JPG

A02 and another feeder steer.
plowing+008.JPG

A02
plowing+009.JPG

Behind
plowing+010.JPG

A1
plowing+011.JPG

angle shot
plowing+012.JPG

As of right now I like A02 better, but time will tell.

Latest posts