This stuff worked !

Help Support CattleToday:

Train

Reaction score
I figure there's probably more on this board like me so I thought I'd post this. I usually don't go raving about products but when they work for me I like to tell others. I have arthritis to the point where it's not disabling but damn uncomfortable. Knees hurt like h*ll most days, elbows make more noise than a bowl of Rice Krispies. If I have to cover any distance in a hurry I can't run . I don't know what you,d call my new form of running but watching it makes my boys chuckle. Anyway you get the idea. I don't like to take pain meds or anti-inflamitories on a regular basis even if it's just over the counter stuff. So I heard about the Glucosamine / Chondroitine supplement. Tried the tablets and they upset my stomache quite bad so that was out. Then I noticed you could get it in liquid form. Gave that try, two talblespoons a day with a meal. Took it faithfully for two weeks and seemed to notice a difference so bought another two week supply. Bottle says give it a month to notice results. This stuff has made a world of difference and I'd recomend trying it to anyone with joint pain. Trust me, I'm sceptical about any product because you know most anything out there that's hyped as something great is ussually crap. The stuff I bought was the cheap generic brand from your favourite store, Wallmart. :lol2:

One more thing I learned from a doctor many years ago. If you do take over the counter products and they don't seem effective, you may have to adust your dosage according to your weight. The dosage on the package is a generic number picked for an average size person. For instance I'm 5' 9, 220 lbs. The doctor told me where it says take 2 tablets, I should take three because I was heavy compared to the "norms" that they use coming up with these dosages. When I think back to our kids being very young I remember that the health unit had given us a chart for dosages for things like cough medicines and liquid tylenal. That chart was based on their much lighter bodyweight and not their age.

Hope this might help someone out there. This stuff has made me a new man. Well, newer man. Just remember if you try it to take it faithfully and give it a chance.

Thanks for the info,have a brother in law that suffers terribly from arthritis and nothing seems to help.
Train":33uce5kv said:
So I heard about the Glucosamine / Chondroitine supplement.
This was being sold over here and sounded too good to be true.What really put me off was that it was one of those pyrimid schemes.But brother in laws birthday coming up in Nov-will have to try it!

They give it to horses and dogs and it does help--and a dog or horse won't think Oh I took this pill,it'll make me feel better..

My husband has taken the pills for over a year for his shoulder and swore by it, so we convinced my Dad to try it, and it's helped his hands and knees. I'm thinking about trying it for a while to see if it'll get the sandpaper out of my knee.
What am I thinking? I'm too young to even take part in this conversation. ;-)

I used it for a year and the liquid stuff for about 3 months. Made a little difference at first but now it's back to the way things were so I quit taking it

farmwriter":vqmuopmt said:
My husband has taken the pills for over a year for his shoulder and swore by it, so we convinced my Dad to try it, and it's helped his hands and knees. I'm thinking about trying it for a while to see if it'll get the sandpaper out of my knee.
What am I thinking? I'm too young to even take part in this conversation. ;-)

While I certainly don't wish it on you, you might as well know, if you live long enough your day will come!

Latest posts