This really gets my skivvies in a wad

Help Support CattleToday:

I agree. I don't like the idea either. Besides, its a little too busy for my taste and it just doesn't go well with our décor. I much prefer the presidential flag myself. Preferably in a cotton. Its also very suitable for a cover for a baby's changing table and its very versatile and will go with about anything.

Jogeephus":nthczqfx said:
I agree. I don't like the idea either. Besides, its a little too busy for my taste and it just doesn't go well with our décor. I much prefer the presidential flag myself. Preferably in a cotton. Its also very suitable for a cover for a baby's changing table and its very versatile and will go with about anything.
I think the covering a babys butt would be more appropriate

I know the flag isn't a sacred holy shroud or anything like that but it just seems that people don't view it for what it stands for and the sacrifices people have made on its behalf. I know there are many who want to tear down every pillar of our society and make us numb to all this madness but you would think we could treat one thing as if it were sacred even though it is not. Or at least hold it with high regard.

Well I maintain that we are a nation of spoiled brats.....
the people of this nation has not seen any deprivation or suffering since world war two.....
I am speaking of the nation as a whole....not those who have served in the conflicts since Korea......
I am talking about the general citizenry....they don't know what a hard time is....ceertainly the public schools no longer teach about freedoms and history and respect or social ettiquete....they are far too busy with condoms and deviant sex and antireligion...and the rest of the democratic partys agenda.....
this is illustrated by any idiot who would say the flag is just a piece of cloth.....
The muslim in chief has even changed the drapery in the briefing room from an american one to some sort of muslim symbol....and most of the american people are too stupid to recognize or care.
I am not talking about you folks....but we have to recognize that we are the minority now.....

pdfangus":1cua96kk said:
Well I maintain that we are a nation of spoiled brats.....
the people of this nation has not seen any deprivation or suffering since world war two.....
I am speaking of the nation as a whole....not those who have served in the conflicts since Korea......
I am talking about the general citizenry....they don't know what a hard time is....ceertainly the public schools no longer teach about freedoms and history and respect or social ettiquete....they are far too busy with condoms and deviant sex and antireligion...and the rest of the democratic partys agenda.....
this is illustrated by any idiot who would say the flag is just a piece of cloth.....
The muslim in chief has even changed the drapery in the briefing room from an american one to some sort of muslim symbol....and most of the american people are too stupid to recognize or care.
I am not talking about you folks....but we have to recognize that we are the minority now.....
So much offensive crap in DC I fear for my grandchild's future.

I'm old enough that I still don;t think that burning the flag is protected under the first amendment

dun":3alp0em5 said:
I'm old enough that I still don;t think that burning the flag is protected under the first amendment

For what is worth, I am 53 years old. It all offends me. Stirs emotions I don't like stirred.

backhoeboogie":3a66f11z said:
dun":3a66f11z said:

For what is worth, I am 53 years old. It all offends me. Stirs emotions I don't like stirred.
Yes you do--you have to want them stirred. Means you still care and we should all want that. Far too many today live in a protective emotional bubble of sorts and are willing to accept anything that happens as long as it doesn't directly affect them in an adverse manner. Domestic Appeasement. I hate it. Far better to be upset than not have any feeling at all.

I'm not old enough to know what WW2 was about, but as a young kid, sat in my father's shop and heard the stories from men my father's age. Never occured to me, that ww2 had only been over about 6-8 years when I was hearing those men and women talk till I got into history classes a few years later.

greybeard":10lm1p8t said:
backhoeboogie":10lm1p8t said:
dun":10lm1p8t said:

Yes you do--you have to want them stirred. Means you still care and we should all want that. Far too many today live in a protective emotional bubble of sorts and are willing to accept anything that happens as long as it doesn't directly affect them in an adverse manner. Domestic Appeasement. I hate it. Far better to be upset than not have any feeling at all.

I'm not old enough to know what WW2 was about, but as a young kid, sat in my father's shop and heard the stories from men my father's age. Never occured to me, that ww2 had only been over about 6-8 years when I was hearing those men and women talk till I got into history classes a few years later.

I don't think those disrespectful pieces of trash are worth going to prison over. JMHO He needed killing does indeed apply here.

Disgraceful. But that's nothing compared to the Haitian rapper" lil Wayne " and hay he did to the flag while filming his latest music( if you can call it that) video.

My father who was a WWII veteran would get mad when people first started flying flags on their cars. The flags would be dirty and tattered. He complained that there was no respect for the American flag anymore. That was over 30 years ago.

hook is right. It is disgraceful. The American Flag has become commercialized and most people don't have a clue about how it is supposed to be treated. A group of VFW men did a session at our 4-H Day Camp one year. They taught the kids what the flag meant, how it is supposed to be handled and burned when worn out.

Not meaning to hijack the topic, but another thing that annoys me is how a cross is used as a fashion accessory. Embroidered on the seat of lady's jeans and used on flip flops.

Latest posts