Thirty Miles - 14 Dogs...Nope Make That 16

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
So this afternoon I had to go to town and it's about a 30 mile one way trip. It was a gorgeous spring afternoon by N Minnesota standards. Sunshine, around 40 degrees. This kind of weather produces quite a bit of snow pack loss. :D When this happens, there are quite a large number or "things" in the ditches that are uncovered.

Well to the point here. I counted no less that 14 dogs on my way home, in the ditches chewing on something, heading home from the ditches, or heading out to the ditches. Disgusting creatures I think to myself, my dogs will not be doing this. So, I get home let the hounds out, go about my merry way and than receive a phone call from a friend driving by a half a mile away informing me that my dogs are......IN THE DITCH. :shock:

Now just guess the breeds!

Funny, :lol: I just looked down the hall to make sure my dogs were here. :clap:

I hear ya, Maggie Mae has been dragging pieces/parts out of the woods.... Nasty stuff. And she looks so proud of herself as she is bringing it home.

dogs will be dogs.an they love chewing on dead things that they find.i bet they was having a field day in the snow thaw.

My truck bed has most of a cow skeleton in it. My dog "Swiper" has brought it to the house one bone at a time including the head and the pelvis. Course she's a 125 lb. great pyrenees so I guess a cow head ain't a big challenge. Also brought home a big part of a road kill deer. From her odor I think she rolled in it more than she chewed on it.

Cole had something in his mouth Saturday, looked like a petrified poptart. I think it was a pig ear, left over from his Christmas stocking, that he had buried and found again. Nothing was gonna take it away from him, either.

Lammie":1tlwsam5 said:
Nothing was gonna take it away from him, either.
We give our dog that wal mart dog food to eat and sometimes she just lets it sit there for the birds to come get. Then she wait for the birds to get comfortable and grab one of them. My sisters were in terror as the dog played with the bird and my mom told me to go get it, as it was still hopping around a bit. I came back in a couple minutes later and told her it wasnt worth the fight.

TexasBred":1lx1o63x said:
My truck bed has most of a cow skeleton in it. My dog "Swiper" has brought it to the house one bone at a time including the head and the pelvis. Course she's a 125 lb. great pyrenees so I guess a cow head ain't a big challenge. Also brought home a big part of a road kill deer. From her odor I think she rolled in it more than she chewed on it.

Might I ask why you have/had a cow skeleton in the back of your truck???

Latest posts