think outside the barn

Help Support CattleToday:

Well, let's see. I have a ton of memories.

Every year at our county fair we always have water fights on the wash rack. So, basically, we are wetter than our steers.

Then, this year at county fair, a lot of people were getting dunked in the water tank. Thank god it wasn't me or I'd be mad.

Um, another time was when I took Champion in my market class. It was my 5th year showing and the steer was out of our family's "mutt" herd. I went in for the Grand drive but wasn't chosen. I was happy anyways. And then I ended up selling that steer for $2,500. I was happy.

And, one last thing I can remember, was when I was watering the steers one day. We put bales of hay behind the steers so they can't kick the bedding out of their stall. I stepped on a bale to water my bull calf. When he had his fill, I stepped back onto the bale. I must have been on the very edge cause I slid off and fell. I shot right back up and managed to save most of the water in the water bucket. A guy right next so us just started laughing but he was looking away so I couldn't see him laughing. I was SO embarassed. And my mom thought it was the funniest thing ever.

Oh, and this year, I was surprised about getting Reserve Champion in my Market Class with my lamb. That was pretty awesome.

And that's about it. Nothing too memorable. I just love fairs. And this year I'm going to go to Colorado State Fair, Arizona National, and Stock Show. I'm pretty excited.

wow that sounds so exciting! Ive only showen at our local fair up here but the fair is always fun. :lol: But were not allowed to have water fights at the wash rack or we get yelled at for being "unproefessional". Some people just wear cowboy hats to hide their horns. But like you said about falling off the bail of straw it reminded me of this year.

I had been interviewed by the fair media about my calf and they have this big screen at the grounds where they played it. My mom saw it so she ran to get me and i was eatting cheese sticks and when we ran back to the screen i tripped and landed with my arms out infront of me still holding my food. And I fell right infornt of the medical office infornt of these two really cute medics. And they just looked at me like "wow whats she been drinking." So i just jumped up and tried to walk away with a big hole in the knee of my pants and a scraped elbow ^_^. I dont think ive ever been as embarassed.

Latest posts