thin cows

Help Support CattleToday:

jvicars

Reaction score
I purchased a few thin cows of the last six month and expect more this winter. For all expect 1 I have put an average of 300 lbs on them and its been a good fit. I purchased one real thin from in S Fl that after a worming I noticed signs of liver flukes. I treated for it with ivermic plus.

How long should I expect to see a change in her stole? She is eatting and drinking well just noticed the sh-t spray and bottom jaw. She was wormed with pour on when i got her. She is a 3 yr old cross with good potential just real thin. Of course she is the cow that runs the fast and is a bit wild so its hard to get her into a pen without stressing the entire herd.

anyone make buying thin cows worth it? My luck as been good except this one. thanks.

Old guy down the road from us used to make good money buying thin cows. Worm 'em and pour the feed to 'em and they'll gain faster than a steer. Even if they don't gain they're still worth what you paid for them back at the sale most times.

jvicars":2nwmzvz9 said:
I purchased one real thin from in S Fl that after a worming I noticed signs of liver flukes. I treated for it with ivermic plus.

How long should I expect to see a change in her stole? She is eatting and drinking well just noticed the sh-t spray and bottom jaw. She was wormed with pour on when i got her. She is a 3 yr old cross with good potential just real thin.

For me, this particular combination of symptoms - coupled with the cows age - would be a red flag for Johns. I would quarantine her from my herd (to prevent any further infection, until I knew for sure), and have her tested. Johns positive cows cannot be resold, they are slaughter only under Federal law.

Latest posts