Thermometers

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
I need to buy a thermometer for checking calves and occasionally a cow. . What are some of you using? Anyone use a thermal thermometer? I want one that's pretty good and pretty tough.That is why i thought thermal.

I need to buy a thermometer for checking calves and occasionally a cow. . What are some of you using? Anyone use a thermal thermometer? I want one that's pretty good and pretty tough.That is why i thought thermal.
I ordered a thermal deal last week on Amazon for $18. Seems to be somewhat accurate from what I can tell. It's blue. Got it primarily for mechanic troubleshooting. Gonna be a handy little dude I think.

I ordered a thermal deal last week on Amazon for $18. Seems to be somewhat accurate from what I can tell. It's blue. Got it primarily for mechanic troubleshooting. Gonna be a handy little dude I think.
I actually have one for checking bearings. Hadn't considered using it or how accurate it would be. Hmmmmm

I like the old mercury thermometers, they are getting hard to find these days. They are what I used all my working life, I trust them, they are reliable. You just have to get the knack of reading them using the built in magnification prism.

Ken

I like the old mercury thermometers, they are getting hard to find these days. They are what I used all my working life, I trust them, they are reliable. You just have to get the knack of reading them using the built in magnification prism.

Ken
I bought an old-style thermometer. Don't think it was mercury; probably some other substance used now. That thermometer worked for one year. Second year the substance would not move. Put the thermometer in hot water, but it would not read. I went back to purchasing digital thermometers. Use them till they give me trouble, then buy another.

I bought an old-style thermometer. Don't think it was mercury; probably some other substance used now. That thermometer worked for one year. Second year the substance would not move. Put the thermometer in hot water, but it would not read. I went back to purchasing digital thermometers. Use them till they give me trouble, then buy another.
The hot water might have been the problem or some other exposure to heat, they'll pop out the end. All mine are mercury, you get to play with it if you break one.

Ken

Latest posts