THE WEATHER

Help Support CattleToday:

Betty

Reaction score
Nearly the end of April, no warm sun, tons of mud.
Just felt like bitching.
ENOUGH WINTER already. :mad:

welcome to global warming.......
but no one can explain to me how we are breaking records of all sorts from a hundred years ago....

I guess we overheated the planet and then we cooled it off and now we are killing it again.

easier to blame it on my truck and my refirgerator than to understand solar flares and solar cycles and movement of earths plates and the resulting earthquakes and volcanoes and earths natural cycles.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :cowboy: :hide: .

Texas is on fire, and some of the other wheat states are bone dry. Precious little corn is planted in the major states. This could be the year civilization ends. Or not.

Betty":2uytiaa6 said:
Nearly the end of April, no warm sun, tons of mud.
Just felt like bitching.
ENOUGH WINTER already. :mad:

AMEN !!
We had the "Winter from He!!" with alltime record amounts of snow- that started in October- with weekly snowstorms- (that don't seem to want to ever end)-- and now record flooding...
My wife moved to town so she could get to work on the 9th- and I've been stranded on the ranch alone because of the flooding Milk River over the roads since that date...(3rd highest crest so far in history- previous 1952 and 1912)...

The water levels are slowly dropping and they are predicting the river waters may go down enough by Monday or Tuesday to drive thru again- and we are going to try and get cows hauled out to pasture-- because up along the border and in Canada where much of the Milk drainage comes from is just starting to melt-- and they are predicting about the end of the week for a big rise again... :(

I've lived here on the River Place for 58 years-- and this is the worst winter we've ever had....

You be careful OT.

Lewistown got 12" of wet snow the other day. Great Falls got 10".

May not want to hear this. Talked to a meterologist a couple years ago. He told us the weather cycle was changing and to expect 2-3 decades of cooler temps.

The weather has been non stop tornado watches and warnings here since last Tuesday and not supposed to stop until next Wednesday.
It's kind of hard on the nerves

We went and ate with some friends Friday night and went back home, shortly after they got home a tornado tore their roof up and did a lot of damage.
I think we are going to end up with over 10 inches of rain before it is over. I told my wife I would never complain about rain and mud again after the drought last summer. No rain for months. But I'm getting close.

I'm willing to take all the rain just keep the tornados and hail away.....

I luv herfrds":2w5lmyhd said:
You be careful OT.

Lewistown got 12" of wet snow the other day. Great Falls got 10".

May not want to hear this. Talked to a meterologist a couple years ago. He told us the weather cycle was changing and to expect 2-3 decades of cooler temps.

Yep-- I heard the same thing...And also that when you have a rough/miserable La Nina winter- usually the next 3 out of five winters are as rough or worse.... :shock:

Water still hasn't dropped enough to truck cows out- now hoping for Tues or Wed....

Hope you get them out OT.

We were talking to some people today, so how many inches of snow did you get total so far? I thought you had said once it was almost 90 inches.

Planning on branding on Saturday, chance of rain of course. Got 3 cows left to calve.

I luv herfrds":1xviczqb said:
Hope you get them out OT.

We were talking to some people today, so how many inches of snow did you get total so far? I thought you had said once it was almost 90 inches.

Planning on branding on Saturday, chance of rain of course. Got 3 cows left to calve.

I wish only 90 inches ;-) :p As of today this winter we have had 109 inches...
The pasture I'm heading for is 30 miles north- and is still half covered with snow- and 20 miles north of there on the border there is little or no bare ground yet...We will have snow "glaciers" still melting well into June...

I have 2 cows and 2 heifers left to calve-- but as soon as I can get the cows out they are all going and are on their own then...

for some reason unknown to man we are having weather 12 degrees higher than usual for this time of year, it has been in the 70's and 80's, can't remember such a nice Easter for sunshine, probably will go with a bang and we will back to the cold. On Saturday we had an over head storm and 3ins fell in half an hour, flooded the road and the house, as we found one of the seals gone on the front window, hubby has to seal it back up again before the next rain. Job's never end.
Hoping it will stay nice for the wedding next weekend not that I'm a Royalist, we have a another long weekend off of work, hooray, like having Hubby home for a few days.

Hope your road crew takes it easy getting your roads done. One of our guys was getting chewed out every time he turned around. Stressed him out so bad he had a mild heart attack. He's at home resting.
They are having to dig sections of road out and dump in reject rocks 6 inches plus to build up the road bed. Just been crazy for them.

The weather is a bit variable over here in Australia too. We are into Autumn and its a bit rainy and a bit cool and a bit sunny. Had three frosts a week or so back but has settled down again for who knows how long. Still lots of green grass about. We've had 25 inches of rain so far this year. Our average is about 36 inches.

Woke up to 6 in of fresh snow and still coming down, this morning. :banana: This is the first time all winter and spring we have had enuf to shovel. :clap: This will keep a lot of folks from having to cut down or sell out.

THANK YOU LORD!

3waycross":2r09stbz said:
Woke up to 6 in of fresh snow and still coming down, this morning. :banana: This is the first time all winter and spring we have had enuf to shovel. :clap: This will keep a lot of folks from having to cut down or sell out.

THANK YOU LORD!
SNOW! this time of year how do you stand it...don't mind a drop of rain but snow no way.

Latest posts